Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2023, 09:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Happy to be here - 2015 Sightseer 33C

Hi all, I'm new here. My husband & I just bought a 2015 Sightseer 33C and are having issues with popping noises from the hydraulic levelers. All the info I have gotten here has been very helpful & we have purchased the stuff we need to try. The only problem I am having is that we can't locate the hydraulic fluid reservoir. From what I'm seeing is should be behind the driver side front but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Teresa
Gogetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 11:06 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Teresa,
In reviewing your Owner's Manual, I found this statement on page 10-14:
The hydraulic pump/reservoir is located behind the driver side front tire. In certain models, an access panel must be removed to access the pump/reservoir.
There is a picture of that pump/reservoir in your Owner's Manual as well.
Furthermore, when I review the photos on the brochure, could it be that one pulls the carpet back to reveal the access panel? If not, the access panel must be in the forward driver's side storage compartment.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-05-2023, 07:15 AM   #3
Site Team

The popping noise is likely stiction on your jacks. After sitting for a while movement inside or temp changes overnight can cause your jacks to retract just a minute amount and this makes a popping sound. It can be most noticeable when the temperature cools overnight. Sometimes it can be a big pop and a shudder through the frame.

You can do to two things about this… one is ignore it the other is to replace some of the hydraulic fluid with anti-stiction oil. I’ll put a link to the instructions below.

We’ve decided to ignore it on our motorhome. By the way on my Adventurer the reservoir is behind the front driver’s side wheel and it is reachable from the forward most compartment on that side. There is a removable panel there but I can reach the tank without removing it. Your model may be totally different.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002091.pdf
Old 08-05-2023, 02:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi Teresa,
In reviewing your Owner's Manual, I found this statement on page 10-14:
The hydraulic pump/reservoir is located behind the driver side front tire. In certain models, an access panel must be removed to access the pump/reservoir.
There is a picture of that pump/reservoir in your Owner's Manual as well.
Furthermore, when I review the photos on the brochure, could it be that one pulls the carpet back to reveal the access panel? If not, the access panel must be in the forward driver's side storage compartment.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Thank you so much! Got it!
Gogetter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sightseer