Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-23-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Where is Camping World

Spent 3 days at the Tampa RV show in the dry camping area and enjoyed the show for two days. Nice to see the vendors and new RV's. Seemed that everyone was there ,but Camping World. General had several spaces ,so I'm figuring they took Camping Worlds spots. CW did have a ad plane flying overhead that was anoying all day with a sign that said they would beat any deal ,or give you $1000.00 .
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Where is CW

Isn’t worth 5,000 dolla r savings to deal with them. Been reading forum for 3 years. Can’t remember hearing anything good about them. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Talking

Was not looking to buy anything from them, just wondering why they were not at a big RV show ,hear they had a falling out with the people that put on the show. Figured that someone could / would know why.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

CW

In NC, CW has been banned from attending most RV shows. CW has resorted to having their own show on their lots.
jrtgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Before buying our RV, my wife and I found one at a Camping World 6 hours away from our house, we wanted to see it but we didn't want to call and get a Salesman pitch. So we drive all the way thinking we would do just a drive by and take a look at the RV When we got there we had no less than 3 sales guys meet us at the door. I explained what we were trying to do, but they insisted I come in and sit down in their offices...,why? So I painfully repeated that we just wanted to see the 29VE Vista. Then they they said we could not see without filling out some forms and providing our drivers licenses. We left. We would buy the exact same RV 6 weeks later but a Sunstar not Vista. I have not been inside a Camping World since.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Before buying our RV, my wife and I found one at a Camping World 6 hours away from our house, we wanted to see it but we didn't want to call and get a Salesman pitch. So we drive all the way thinking we would do just a drive by and take a look at the RV When we got there we had no less than 3 sales guys meet us at the door. I explained what we were trying to do, but they insisted I come in and sit down in their offices...,why? So I painfully repeated that we just wanted to see the 29VE Vista. Then they they said we could not see without filling out some forms and providing our drivers licenses. We left. We would buy the exact same RV 6 weeks later but a Sunstar not Vista. I have not been inside a Camping World since.
Welcome to the MARCUS LEMONIS version of Camping World ! Some background info for all that do not know. Marcus had some dealerships that he operated or contracted under the name FREDOM ROADS. Of course, that name was not as well-known as CAMPING WORLD, as he owned both companies it was arranged for FREEDOM ROADS to "buy" CAMPING WORLD. The dealerships could now be branded as Camping World. He has now purchased GANDER MOUNTAIN, OVERTONS etc and you now see dealership/stores under the GANDER RV name. The stores now carry more outdoor items. Bottom Line It's not the same Camping World that Dave Garvin started!
Old 01-31-2022, 07:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I was at the show, as well and agree that plane flying around all day was annoying as heck. I wasn't looking for Campers World though, I won't buy from them and none of the folks I know won't either. Their reputation precedes them and though I've heard some good things about a select few of them IMHO it impacts how everyone sees all of them.
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

CW

CW. OMG. Why anyone would buy an RV from them is beyond me. I have been a presidents club member for a 100 years, well, it seems that way when you're 81. HA! They were once upon a time a great place to shop for RV "stuff." Now it's all hype. There is one near me and when I do need something like chemicals, I go there to look for it Beyond that they are no longer an RV supply store. Ever try and pull into one when on the road and need chemicals? No place to park your rig, too jammed up with all those they are selling. I always chuckle when I see a couple with their cart filled with junk e.g., awning clearer, toilet paper, and all sorts of bells and whistles to hang on their RV and awnings. I guess we all have gone through that stage early on. Only thing I ever had done there was years ago had a window awning installed by a tech who was crossed eyed (had to be). One side was an inch lower than the other. Complained, offered to redo it, but did not want another hole drilled in my side wall., so I lived with it.
SgtB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping