Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Vectra 2005 Key Frob do not unlock door.

My keyfrom will not unlock the door. Keyfrob will show light when I try to unlock but will not unlock the door. I can unlock door with the key but turns hard. Any ideas on how to fix/check this problem would be help full. Thanks.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You may find these earlier threads helpful:
Remote keypad 2005 Vectra
Reprogramming Keyless Entry Module
How to reprogram my Keyless Entry
Keyless Entry System with Cargo Locks Remote Replacement - FOUND!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:08 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

KeyFog

Thank you for the links but it is not the key pad not working it is the keyfob. The key pad has not worked since I bought the rig and don't use it anyway. The keyfob was working and then quit working the worked a few days latter and then quit again. The batteries are new. Compartment lock and unlock work on Fob just the entry door lock does not work.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Try cleaning the two brass buttons on the hinge side of the door and doorframe--these pass the electrical signals to the lock mechanism in the door.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

KeyFob

Thank you that was a good idea did not even think of it. I cleaned them and they are all shinny but still no go.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Everything that Chris has suggested is what I would have. About the only other thing that may help here is, you'll have to remove the plastic panel of the door to gain access to the door lock solenoid. It is possible that your solenoid is either sticky, or a bad ground, or simply non functional. But, you won't know this without getting inside that door and getting to that solenoid. Once you've gained access, you can remove it and then do some bench testing with 12V to see if it activates easily, is sluggish, or non-op. Hopefully this is your problem 'cause, it's an easy fix if it is. Good luck.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:32 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Two quick Qs... have you checked the 12V push-style "Door Power" fuse in the bay under the driver? The door locks and compartment locks have separate 12v power fuses.

Also, you say you can't unlock the door with fob. If unlocked, does the fob lock the door? There are separate relays for each function, this will tell you if one might have gone bad.

Personally, I too suspect the solenoid since you state that it's hard to turn with the key. Could be it's getting power but just has failed.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Some more questions to help tie down what might be working and not?

Do you have the switch as shown in this drawing? And if that is correct does the lock work either to lock or to unlock the door from the switch?

If it works from the switch, that would likely mean the mechanics at the door are okay but if niether works there or the key fob, then the door mech may need attention.

Also do you know where the door lock relay would be located if it needs to be checked?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door lock.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	181696  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Possibly found the relay and lock module if it gets to that?

I can't read the module well from the drawings but that might be a logical point to start?

Possibly these relays are all the same and one could be swapped with another to see if the problem follows the suspect bad relay?

Click this snip to get better view
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lock relays copy.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	181697  
Old 01-16-2022, 04:47 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Try using your fob on the drivers side near the fuse panel, that worked for me. Unfortunately parts are no longer available as I’m sure you know. But you can replace the whole system.
Lpavao100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:54 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Ok want to thank everyone for their input. Checked out all the suggestions and everything checked out ok. Still did not work. A week latter with no rain the fob started working again. HMMMMM
Old 01-31-2022, 06:29 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Eagle View Post
Ok want to thank everyone for their input. Checked out all the suggestions and everything checked out ok. Still did not work. A week latter with no rain the fob started working again. HMMMMM
Does the door lock work when using the inside switch, while not working from the FOB, or when the fob doesn't work, the switch also fails?

What I might be searching for is a common item which is in the chain of items needed to make it work for the fob or for the switch as they do have some items that are not common to both.

The problem with things that "heal" is that they often do come back. So while things are working like now, it can be a good time to get better aquainted with what the equipment does when it is right and then keep that info to be used if it stops again!

One item that I would look over carefully is the voltage changes on the wires of the keyless entry module and sort out which is the set of wires that control the door lock/unlock. Knowing that pin "X" goes high or low when locking the door and it works may let you look at that same pin to see if it is still acting the same when it fails. That can pin down if it is the fob failing or some other part further into the chain.

Tags
door