Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Amazing Camping World Experience

Acquired a new 2015 Vista 27N from Camping World of Chicago on 11/28/16, thanks Ken Wodek. Had been looking at 2017 Winnebago Sunstar 27N LX at Camping World of Houston, thanks Mike Glass. These are almost identical RV's including the full body paint job. This purchase made us Good Sam Elite Members. Submitted service request on 12/26/16 to have Invisibrake installed on my 2003 Jeep Rubicon and the 27N. Set up appointment for 12/29/16 at 8:30 a.m. The appointment was honored and the installation was complete by 3:45 p.m. They actually called me to set up the appointment and called when the work was completed. I have been Rving for more than 40 years and have never experienced service like this and thought I should tell you about it. I have dealt with Camping World as well as many other dealers over the years and have never know one of them to get the service aspect right before this. Kudos to Camping World. I don't know if it was because I am an Elite Good Sam member or they have actually changed their spots. I hope the latter.
ranchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Better go buy a lotter ticket--you are one lucky camper!

Spots are extremely hard to change....no matter how much Marcus promises.
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:16 PM   #3
Site Team

Amazing Camping World Experience

Congrats on your new RV! Camping World in Vacaville, CA installed the tow package on our CRV and also did a great job. I would use them again.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for the positive service post, it's great to be able to read them from time to time.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Better go buy a lotter ticket--you are one lucky camper!

Spots are extremely hard to change....no matter how much Marcus promises.
You've got that right!
oldjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Wait, . . . . Is this JANUARY 1 or APRIL 1?!?

I saw the title of the thread and figured it had to be some kind of a joke!

Just to be fair, It's nice to see someone finally post something good about Camping World service, but I wouldn't get too enthralled with the concept. Kudos to one Camping World Service department are in order from your experience, but the idea of purchasing a lottery ticket isn't totally out of line!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Nice to hear this
motohomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Just to be fair, It's nice to see someone finally post something good about Camping World service, but I wouldn't get too enthralled with the concept. Kudos to one Camping World Service department are in order from your experience...
I too have used Camping World, dating back to 1994, and things have always gone well, with no complaints from me. Part of the problem with 'nice to see someone finally post something good...' is human nature. When something goes as planned, we might tell one or two people, and where we used to tell nine or ten people when something went wrong, we now tell the whole world with the Internet.

I've bought plenty of lotto tickets and can say things have worked out far better with CW. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

This kind of service should be the rule rather than the exception.

Congratulations!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTegarini View Post
I too have used Camping World, dating back to 1994, and things have always gone well, with no complaints from me. Part of the problem with 'nice to see someone finally post something good...' is human nature. When something goes as planned, we might tell one or two people, and where we used to tell nine or ten people when something went wrong, we now tell the whole world with the Internet.

I've bought plenty of lotto tickets and can say things have worked out far better with CW. -RT

Too True, RT! We've have really good experiences with our "new to us" Dutch Star, and have shared that information with a few people . . . .

Then there's the Clayton Modular Home we purchased back in January of last year, and which they STILL haven't completed . . .little things like roof and doors leaking, broken shingles, drip edge installed backwards, electrical fixtures hanging from the wires, walls that are 3.5" out of straight in 11 feet, 1.5" out of plum in 9', crooked soffets, kitchen cabinets, holes in floor, warped doors, I could go on and on, but our attorney has advised us to limit the sidebar conversations about it at the moment. . . . . And we're telling EVERYONE who asks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I posted a favorable CW post last year. They installed HWH levelers on my 15 View G. A month later I found my alarm would not work most of the time. I also had leaking jacks.
I returned it and they said no trouble found. I called HWH because my alarm was not working. HWH was great. They helped me with the alarm. It was bad install. The connection to 12 VDC was a joke. The wiring was laying on top of the Sprinter wireing. My jacks were replaced by HWH and my selling Dealer Roy Robinson did the work. I contacted CW but they never replied.
Never let anyone you know work with CW if they ask.
KH 2015 View G
Old 01-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

i also have a 27N but is a 2016. Purchased last May in Portland,Ore and now spending the winter in Carrabelle, Florida.our last trip out in October the check engine light came on. After much trouble looking for someone to check the codes i called Ford Hotline and they sent me to Tallahassee Truck Repair.on the way up i noticed the three outside cameras were not working.over Christmas week they found it to be a bad EGR valve. During a courtesy inspection they found a leaking Differential Pinion Seal. Due to Ford not having the EGR valve available.for a week over Christmas i just got it back today. So off to Camping World my wife and i went to get the camera problem looked at but also to have the recall for the Transfer Switch addressed.This is our third time here for service at this Camping World and my experience has been great in Midway,Florida. Highly recommend Service Writer Kathleen Rose. She called me 2 hours later to tell me that multiple squirrel nests full of acorns were inside the dash and that most ofvthe wiring had been damaged if not chewed in two(cameras) and that heat ducts needed to be replaced. Only 7,700_ miles on the odometer. Placed a claim with National General and waiting for call from adjuster tomorrow.This motorhome has been locked up tight for the last two months and forbthe life of me i cannot find where a squirrel could get in. Opened up the furnace grill in the hall and found a large nest along with more damaged wires along with two large holes in the floor where the shower plumbig goes through. how many holes are theirvthat i cannot see. The tech working on it said he would do his best to find other holes. Sloppy. Estimate is approaching $5,000 at this first look. when the dash comes off sure to go up. Once again the Midway, Florida Camping World has been great to work with. how do you stop squirrels?
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
how do you stop squirrels?
410 shotgun, or .22 cal, but it's kind of rough on the coach
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Mine also

My Camping World in Madison has also implemented a lot of improvements. I have wanted then to suceed but was frustrated by some low quality work but over the past six months a lot has changed. Glad you had a good experience.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:09 AM   #15

I don't really remember someone that had a strictly bad camping experience. It's always fun even if everything goes bad.
StanHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Well I would agree with the person that said buy a lotto ticket. I own a decent size auto facility and do some consulting work for customer satisfation and business. I was out in Az and thinking about upgrading diesels. The sales person I delt with and all the BS sales tactis was laughable and a waste of my time. I even told the sales person right up front I have woned and trained dealer staff so just shoot straight with me....no chance. While in Az I bought maybe $600.00 plus worth of camping stuff. Mt chair bags were cut with a razor for the display and trying to return them I got the run around. I was at one Gander Mountain one later that week and dealt with a sales person Johnny and he was a decent guy but still had to deal with the BS Corp sales procedures.

Oh here's the kicker we were looking at Winnebago Tour and also another tag axle. The units were filthy inside and the step was hanging off the tour. This was at the Tampa store . If I was Corporate I would fire that upper Mgr staff because they dont have a clue. You dont show high end coaches that need obvious repairs
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping