Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2023, 04:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago New Guy looking at a new Voyage 2831RB

Well sort of. I am looking to upgrade from what I have now to a Voyage 2831RB. Came here for buying advice. This floor plan is very similar to the one I have now and is perfect for us. First order of business, sell current trailer.

I have found a couple of 2831RB's at a dealer close to me. The dealer seems reputable and has been in business for 50 years. One is a 2023 and the other a 2024. Both are new, sitting on the lot. However, the 23 has a few obvious broken items on it.

The 23 is offered at a pretty big discount over the 24 but, I am thinking I would like to distance myself from the pandemic years as much as possible.

Any input/experience with the late model Voyage? Recommendations welcome.

Thank you!
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 11:18 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Woolecox,
If you search this forum for:
2831RB
you will see a few interesting Threads on your trailer.
I find it somewhat disturbing that the 2023 has a few broken things that the dealer did not proactively repair. If you do opt for the 2023, please really go over it with a fine-tooth comb and get everything fixed before you take possession. Move into it for a few hours and really test it out. Compare every detail with the 2024 to assure yourself that it is well repaired.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 12-10-2023, 04:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Greetings Woolecox,
If you search this forum for:
2831RB
you will see a few interesting Threads on your trailer.
I find it somewhat disturbing that the 2023 has a few broken things that the dealer did not proactively repair. If you do opt for the 2023, please really go over it with a fine-tooth comb and get everything fixed before you take possession. Move into it for a few hours and really test it out. Compare every detail with the 2024 to assure yourself that it is well repaired.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5

Thank you for that solid advice! I totally agree.

The salesman was a little embarrassed about the broken items on the 23 and put in a work order while I stood there. They do have hundreds of RV's on the lot. They are a very reputable dealer and fortunately, they are 25 minutes from my home and 5 minutes away from my storage facility.

After purchase, this dealer allows onsite camping with full hookups. I might even spend two nights there. I can't think of a better "shakedown cruise".

I did crawl all over and under the 23 and 24 they had on the lot. I can say that I have never been more impressed with what I saw, so far. The Voyage looks to be a true fours season camper.

Thanks again!
Woolly
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, voyage