Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-03-2023, 10:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Advice on buying used 2018 Micro Minnie 2108DS

Hi all, new here. Looking at buying a used (2018) 2108DS. Looks good cosmetically with no mods. Asking $20,000 with no extras, maybe a little high? Are there certain places to look for problems, water damage, slide wear, undercarraige- been 20 yrs since I owned truck campers- they were notorius for leaks. Any other known issues? Thanks
Old Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 02:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I think price is in average/good range

I’d look to make sure water heater/fridge work on gas/electric, Check Airco, water pump, soft spots on roof & awning operation, show stoppers if any of those fail. check overall frame & roof condition & check tire date stamp. tires I’d replace if 4 years or older.

Guarranteed you may find something small. it’s an RV
MicroMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 02:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

$20k is a fair price for both parties. IF
No mold/mildew odors
No roof problem areas, no tears in top rubber, no holes. Caulking can be replaced
Check tank support cross members.
Fridge is a biggie to repai/replace. If doesn’t work properly, walk away, or negotiate a $4,000 price reduction.
Furnace board doesn’t cost much, but furnace and water heater should be working properly.
If tires are OEM, replace immediately at your expense.
Roof A/C should fire up using a 20amp SP circuit.
Seller didn’t pay much more than $20k when he bought it new, but a new one today is over $40k MSRP.
Old 06-07-2023, 06:48 PM   #4
Micro Mini 2108TB

Angry Buying used 2108DS or TB

Pay particular attention to sealant around skylight in bathroom. Check for soft area in roof immediately forward of that skylight. On inside of shower sky light check to see if flushing goes from shower wall to skylight. Look to see if you can see particle board (plywood) and if it has mildew. There has been a lot written about this problem. Water from shower can bounce into roof area.

It coat me $4,000 to have the soft area repaired on a 15 month old 2108TB. Winnebago did not honor their warranty. They said it was a lack of maintenance. I sold my trailer to pay for the repair.

Good luck.
Senecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Same warranty scam exists on electric bicycles. most of them don’t warranty the product when you’re a 2nd owner. it’s a poor way to increase the bottom line.

My guess the 2018 has zero warranty, but still it’s something Winnebago needs to address imho as it shows to me they don’t stand behind the product.

They’re not alone, so they don’t stand out either for being a better company that way.
MicroMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice