Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-11-2020, 03:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Issue with Norcold fridge

We have a Norcold n7xflt refrigerator. Tonight we noticed the green light was flashing red about every 5 seconds or so and the temp was 52 deg. It was on electric power. The manual says this is not a user serviceable issue, take to norcold authorized dealer. I played with the controls and now the light is green with the auto and propane on. The RV is only 7 months old, and we are full timers. Any suggestions?

PS, I only thing I didn’t mention is the day before this started I put reflectix on the pantry walls between the food and the fridge. As it was very warm in the pantry. Could this be overheating the unit? It’s been great up until now.
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would not think your mod would do that unless it was pretty directly on the AC heating coil area but there are a couple other things that might be easy to take a look for a fix. One is the small thermistor/probe in many frigs that senses the inside temp. It often is clipped on one of the "fins" in the back of the frig and can get bumped and knocked out of position.
This is an easy one to check but not correct if the frig works/ keep steady temp when on gas and only failing on AC.
There is a pretty simple test for the sensor where you put it in ice water and check for it working but that doesn't sound needed for now.
The second thought might be to give a look at the wiring at the back of the frig outside. Item 6 is a small fan and if you can see it, look to see it is running. Not always on all frigs and not always easy to see but it helps move air over the cooling parts--if you have one. Look for things like wasp nests that might be blocking things? Do you have a screen cover over the vents to keep them out? Good move to have them covered.
I've circled the items I would check on a snip of page 7-8 of this manual in case it is not on hand:
https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploa...5_20200302.pdf
Basicly look for loose or corroded connections by wiggle/unplug any of the "quik-connect type and make sure any that are screw connections are tight and not corroded.
It may get into the more complex stuff but these are the quick look things, I do first.
First stop might be to make sure if it is an AC only problem or if it is on both AC and gas as that changes the things to look over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n7 frig.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	174183  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks

I was looking for some advice and I got a world of knowledge. I appreciate all your time. Thanks so much, I’ll start checking.
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, norcold