Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-29-2022, 10:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fridge won’t work on gas

Looking where to start. Finally got our 2018 View 24V out of storage and in our prep to go Memorial weekend discovered our fridge will not work on propane, although it worked fine when we put it in storage last fall. Works just fine on AC and DC too. Our furnace works fine on gas as well. Has anyone experienced this or know where to start a diagnosis. Thanks, Winnie Fredo
Winnefredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Winnefredo,
It sounds like you have a spider or moth or some sort of insect that has made a nest in the burner tubing. If that is the case, and you can clean that out, I bet you will be back in business.
Eagle5
Old 05-30-2022, 05:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Can you be more specific and tell us the brand and model number of your refrigerator?

Eagle5 had a good suggestion but there are other things that could be the problem.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Since you look like you have a gas stove next to the frig, a check that it is getting gas will verify that you are good on supply.

From there, I would suggest alook at the small booklet that should be in the bag of info that came with the RV. Did you get that book and info?

That small booklet will often have a troubleshooting procedure in it that should fit for your frig.

As mentioned bugs like paper wasps do often build nests in the vent spaces on ourRV, so a big first question may be if your RVhas screens over those vents to keep them out!
One of the first things Ido on changing RV is to add the screens over all vents like furnace, frig, water heater as it saves me lots of grief!

Approach with care as they tend to get upset but running something like a thin wire up into the venting may find a nest!

But some looking/ listening to what the frig does may help as it likely has a set step-by-step it follows, and you can follow as it does things.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, gas