Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Toilet Floor Flange removal for 1991 Micro-Mini Warrior

Hello all! I'm trying to remove my Rv's toilet floor flange. I'm able to rotate it counter clockwise and it does rotate, but it doesn't "unscrew", it just continues to rotate. I think it might not be screwed in, but instead "pushed down" into the hole. I've attached a picture. I've tried to pull the flange directly up, but it has some sort of orangish-brown rubber at the bottom of the flange that catches on the black water tank when I pull up. Does anyone know about this style of flange that has extra rubber at the bottom and how to remove it (hopefully without damaging it so I can reuse)? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floor-flange.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	174068   Click image for larger version

Name:	extra-rubber-part.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	174069  

Name:	flange-3634-7.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	174070  
1991Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Just guessing without ever looking at that specific model but I do not expect toilet flanges to screw in but find they need to be sealed to keep the odor and gas from the tank escaping. I might expect to find rubber type seal attached with a clamp on the top of the tank as well as that flange.
Your RV has limited info on the parts catalog but this site, on page C-1 one has the sewer parts:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/.../91wt320rb.pdf
I find a 3 inch coupler listed and that would be what I would expect to find tying the flange to the tank.

But maybe some more info is needed. What are we seeing in the first picture? Is that particular board which has been getting wet from stool leaking, or a separate section of floor? What is driving the need to remove the flange? Maybe a leak between the stool and floor needing a wax ring?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	coupler.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	174075  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Morich. The previous owners put wood paneling on top of the carpet throughout the RV. We are keeping the paneling, but i wanted to remove the carpet from under the flange area. The paneling and carpet got wet either from when the black tank got 100%++ full (above the gasket) or it got wet from a leak in the fresh water flusher mechanize we found. I wasn't sure so I figure I'd cut out the carpet, replace it with some thin spacer wood so the flange could be screwed back in at the same offset, then i'd lay the wood floor paneling back on top prior to puting toilet back on.

I think at this point I might just leave the carpet under the flange. There are no smells and the summer heat will quickly dry everything up. It was probably the flusher fresh water leak in the old toilet.

Even though the flange can rotate I don't think anything got "unsealed" do to my rotating it. It all seems solid.

I'll just let the carpet dry, put on a new gasket, and be done with it :-)
Old 06-28-2020, 01:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I see much clearer now! That is carpeting, not wet particle board!
Pictures are worth a thousand words but only if I look at them????
Sounds like you've got the easier way worked out.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

LOL! Thanks for the help! Understanding that it's sealed to a coupler helped clear it up :-)

Tags
removal