Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2023, 01:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Tecma Electric Toilet problem - 2010 Suncruiser 37F

2010 Itasco 37F with the electric toilet in rear bathroom. The 2 button control switch seems to not work. It lights up but when to flush nothing happens. I have checked the connections behind the commode and all seems to be connected. How to check this switch to see if it ok or needs to be replaced? Thxs
Scouts honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 02:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Your 2010 Suncruiser 37F has a Thetford Tecma Macerator Toilet. There are tons of YouTube Videos and Forum Posts on www.irv2.com about issues with the toilet.

It's pretty impossible for us to troubleshoot this for you, but if you do a Google search for something like "Tecma Toilet lights work but doesn't flush" you can get multiple answers with suggestions.

The buttons are connected to a controller and sometimes replacing the controller is the answer - but not always. It can be the switch, but again, not always.

In other words, there is not one answer to your question and you'll need to do some more searching to get to the bottom of the problem.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You probably found your answer by now, but I thought I'd just put this out there for anyone doing research on their Thetford macerator. My 2016 has the same toilet at the rear and what I have read and have tested is this. The lights are green on the buttons and sometimes trying to push either button to flush does not trigger the Tecma to flush. The brain of the unit seems to have a charging state threshold whereby I have determined on mine that if my battery voltage drops below around 12.5V it will not flush even while displaying green lights. If the batteries are under absorb charge and showing over 13V it has worked every time. If you have weak batteries or possibly on float charge it may not register enough voltage like mine.

Just thought I'd document my experience and put it out there for anyone struggling with the same issue.
originKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 04:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info. I ended up having to buy the controller. My batteries are about 3 months old and have a good charge. I did check that before I decided I need a new controller. Received the new controller installed and it works perfect again.
I also had a problem with smell. And found out the toilet tubing had separated from the elbow going to the black tank. Now. this was a big mess. All fixed not and that won’t happen again. Thanks for you indo and I do appreciate it.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hey, glad you are sharing so much, I think each model has so much in common in function/malfunction. You are making me wonder if I also have that separation I have intermittant smell and I have snaked a clog twice which must be occurring at that elbow. If I can ask, did it leak onto the ground or somewhere else, how did you eventually diagnose?
originKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 08:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The answer to leak on ground, yes and no. There is a space behind the water heater and rear tire about a 2x2 feet compartment and it leaked into that and then. Seepage would go to ground. Drip drip. Nothing where you would think you have a leak. Hard to explain but I would be more than willing to share this over the phone. You can call me at [Moderator: Content Removed]. I’m in NC.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Give me a call and we can discuss the problem I had.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:41 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts honor View Post
Thanks for the info. I ended up having to buy the controller. My batteries are about 3 months old and have a good charge. I did check that before I decided I need a new controller. Received the new controller installed and it works perfect again.
I also had a problem with smell. And found out the toilet tubing had separated from the elbow going to the black tank. Now. this was a big mess. All fixed not and that won’t happen again. Thanks for you indo and I do appreciate it.
I have a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 37F and had the same tubing separation at the elbow going into the black tank. I initially thought that is was a water heater leak until it came completely loose. That is flex tubing and I think that it shrinks with age.

EDIT: here is a link to my thread. https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...7f-366213.html
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:46 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

This is a point where we need to look at each RV as being different on small points as the drain for this stool changed a couple times from 2012 to 2016 early and late builds.

Info from this parts catalog:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

As mentioned the 2012 is flexible and seemed trouble as it flopped around to come loose.
Next version in 2016, they used solid ABS/PVC wet with a 90 elbow. I have to assume they also found trouble with this as they moved to the same pipe but using two 45 els to make a better flow.
Click these snips to get a better view!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	187851   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	187852  

Click image for larger version