Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2023, 04:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leaking shower valves 2017 Era 70x

Hi, have a 2017 era 70x... just used the shower for the first time.... hah 2 leaks... one at the fitting for hand held sprayer, which was an easy fix but the leaking at the shower control at the valves, I could not... the valve leaks into the shower area when the valves are open but when closed, there is no leak.... so, as I shut off the water at the shower head, it leaks thus wasting water ...
So the Q is....is the valve fixable from the shower side ?,
Jjrho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 06:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Shower valve

Don’t know if your valve is the same but on my 2017 Travato they used a Kerox valve (made in Hungary) No. PBR-40 I believe is the application. Sounds like your valve is defective. To take handle off you need a 5/32 Allen wrench up underneath through the small hole on bottom of handle. It is not difficult to change. Just be careful and observe how it fits into the large opening. Biggest cartridge I have ever used before if it’s the same one. Cartridge is blue. There is an o ring on the outer portion that must slide in on the new cartridge. Be sure and carefully clean the base before putting in the new cartridge. BTW the new one is between 90-100.00 on Amazon. Good luck, Travato John.
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 01:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

You were right..... the valve cartridge was cracked... ordered a new one to outta state to be forwarded.... will reinstall but do I need any grease etc bfr reinstall ??
Tnx fur your help
2017 era 70x
Old 07-30-2023, 02:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Shower valve.

I put a very thin wipe of silicone grease as it helps get the o ring past the front edge without binding. Just b mindful of the o ring getting in correctly.
Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Shower control

Well. I Fd up.... put the new valve in n I cross threaded the cap.... now I have to install entirely new valve assembly. . . Do you know which model they've use in winnebego? Going to plumbing store to buy a new set n reinstall the pex etc.... learning basic plumbing skills now ... ughh
Old 08-09-2023, 11:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Winn shower ctrl

Well, went to Lowes and got a complete moen Avery series shower for $135.... fits perfect with where the original rough in came out of... so much better than buying that crazy expensive valve for $90 that I can't even ship to Commifornia....

Learned some basic plumbing installing 1/2 " pex.... easy peasy....

Tags
leak, shower