Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2023, 07:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question Diagram/picture of water tank set-up under bed for running hot water?

I had a mobile RV tech come by my campsite to flush my water heater on my Itasca Sunova Class A Gas 2004 motorhome 31'.

The campground faucet came rigged with a lever valve as the faucet would not turn off otherwise. The tech did not notice this and assumed the water did turn off when the water heater was being drained but it kept going which is when I turned off the campground faucet using the lever valve. Didn't seem like a big deal to either of us at the time.

Once the water heater was cleaned and city line turned back on, I'm guessing the tech didn't turn it on fully so the water pressure was not high enough (the campground faucet wasn't turned up high enough) and although all the faucets worked inside RV as did toilet flush, once I unhooked my RV from the city line, there was a very small continuous trickle of water in all of my RV faucets inside (bathroom, kitchen sink, etc.) and it did not fully stop unless I turned the respective faucets off.

When I put my RV in storage parking, I noticed the city line inlet pipe brass fitting had a slow drip no matter how much I tried to tighten or the white plastic check valve. I turned the brass water pressure pipe fitting upside down to stop the drip for now. I will be heading to another campground on Sunday and will have time to work on this then. There is no water leak inside the RV. Wondering if I can just get the city line valve working once I hook up to a campground faucet turned up to its usual pressure. There is a water pressure valve on the brass pipe fitting, so no worries there.

I just hope the full pressure will get the city line check valve working again and will stop the faucets inside the RV from having a trickle once unplugged from city line? Or could this issue be something to do with the water heater bypass valve that the tech opened to flush out the water heater?

Does anyone have a diagram/picture of what the set-up under the bed should look like when using the water heater (specifically the 3 valves)?

Thank you kindly,
R&R
rrbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 07:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Winnebago publishes plumbing diagrams for all motorhomes online (along with wiring, paint, sealant, parts lists, etc) in their website Owner’s section at https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams

Here’s a link to your RV’s Plumbing diagram:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...d30b_plumb.pdf

NOTE: this assumes your RV is a 2004 Itasca Sunova IFD30B. You did not include all of your RV’s model info so I took a guess. It’s always a help when you include a full model and year description with your question - it eliminates guessing.
Old 08-05-2023, 06:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Doesn't the large yellow lever drain the tank?

Thank you!

Extremely helpful to see all of the piping in one visual... wow!

So, I have my valves correctly positioned for hot water access (I get hot water in faucets when turning hot water knob and cold otherwise) but I see in the diagram they have the big yellow level parallel while mine is perpendicular.

According to my operator's manual, that lever is the water tank drain valve. It shows open in the diagram (close-up attached as well as pics of my RV water pipes set-up) if I am reading it correctly?

Thanks again, much appreciated!

All the best!
R&R
2004 Itasca Sunova gasoline 31' 30B
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterPipesSetupUnderbed.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	186884   Click image for larger version

Name:	CloseUpWaterPipesSetupUnderbed.jpg
Views:	22