Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

How big is the black water tank?

Have a 2018 micro mini 2106 fbs. I can’t find any information of how big the black water tank is. I thought it was said to be 30 gallons. However when I look inside my toilet, I can see the liquids about 6 inches below the toilet pipe down into the tank. I figured you wouldn’t be able to see the fluids
Celtic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

When speaking of how much people weight it is not only how tall they are but how wide!!!
Works the same on tanks and that info would be in the manuals for the trailer so I would look for a manual online.

This is one place to find the info:
https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2018-...106fbs-tr34769
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Winnie custom makes a lot of their stuff in house, tanks too i believe. With that, they often design them to fit in the space avail, it’s highly possible it’s a long/wide tank, but not very “deep”. If you really wanted to confirm it’s the 25g listed you could take a 5 gallon bucket and dump water in to fill the tank.

I can vouch on my Vista that my freshwater tank (you can see a portion of it in one of the storage bays) is a really odd shaped rectangle, and isn’t too “deep” either, they shoehorned it inbetween the storage bay “ceiling” and the floor of the coach.
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
Winnie custom makes a lot of their stuff in house, tanks too i believe. With that, they often design them to fit in the space avail, it’s highly possible it’s a long/wide tank, but not very “deep”. If you really wanted to confirm it’s the 25g listed you could take a 5 gallon bucket and dump water in to fill the tank.

I can vouch on my Vista that my freshwater tank (you can see a portion of it in one of the storage bays) is a really odd shaped rectangle, and isn’t too “deep” either, they shoehorned it inbetween the storage bay “ceiling” and the floor of the coach.
This is a definite big point that does make Winn better and my Vista is an example of the planning and design they fit into the holding tanks to get the best use of the space as well as fit the tanks that we want larger.

These four pictures show how they worked mine, first to get the max grey water as it fills first, looking from the top we see it takes more flat area.

Looking from the side we see they placed the drains at the lowest point of the tank as well as got in a few more gallons of storage.

The third pic taken from the front shows the black tank has a sloped bottom to let things slide out better?
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	177438[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
I have to assume the big gap in the middle has to be there to wrap up and over the driveshaft, etc.

I'm impressed with the thought and trouble they have gone to in getting the best use out of the space they had!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	177435   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	177436  

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	177437  
Old 02-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Wow! That is absolutely amazing. I would of never thought the tanks were slim and rectangular! Thank you so very much!
Celtic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Hi Celtic74,
In addition to the RV Spec Guide listed above by Richard, the 2018 Brochure for the Minnie confirms the 2106FBS as having a 25 gallon Black Tank Capacity. Please see page 14.
Eagle5
Old 02-21-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The thing that really amazed me was the way they shaped different small parts of tanks to fit just a few more gallon of storage into the space they had, even to going to what looks like extreme lengths to fit them around pipes, etc.
This is one model of the 2020 170X Era.

Notice the light tan of the shower floor is made to fit around the (white on drawing) black water tank and it has a notch made in it to let the grey water piping pass on through to the lower grey tank shown in brown.

How about that cute little notch cut out to let the black drain pass through at the left side?

That is what I call a custom made tank!! They may not get it all right but it does look like they tried pretty hard!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tanks.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	177439   Click image for larger version

Name:	tanks2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	177440  

Old 02-21-2021, 05:57 PM   #8