Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2021, 08:35 PM   #1
Winnie Newbie

Question Grey water tank problem

We bought a 2014 Adventurer 32H in December and was getting things ready out of winterization. As I was running chlorinated water through the system, one of my grey tanks reads full and nothing is going over to the other grey tank. Instead, everything is backing up into the sinks and shower. The manuals say nothing but shouldn't there be an automatic overflow into the second tank? Am I missing something?
alomax92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There may be some confusion or missing info on the tanks as there are usually one grey water tank that gets the sink, shower, etc. water and then a second black water tank which gets the stool waste and they are not connected in most cases.

But this is a good time to point to some really great info that is online for the Rv newer than 2010. Called a "parts catalog" it is often overlooked as a method to learn about our RV, but I find it one of the best things ever done for finding problems as it lets us look "superman style" through the walls and floors to see all those hidden parts we might want to know about. Things like where our tanks fit?

Here for the start on info:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams

I chose the later build for that year but the tanks are probably the same as these snips show them.

And then don't fail to look at the parts catalog here to drill down to your specific year and model and even down to early or late year build:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Once there you can pick and choose what portion to look at like the drain system? In these, I picked the grey tank and it shows up in yellow and if you want to zoom in more, you can tilt, flip, and swing things around to see exactly where each pipe goes!

One can do much the same for any system on the RV, so it is great for finding things that are hidden like the converter, etc.

If you take a bit to play with it and learn the controls it can be a great time saver!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	178020   Click image for larger version

Name:	tank2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	178021  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags