Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fresh water tank fill

Hi to all!
I have a 2011 Itasca Impulse 28QP.
I’m gonna try boondocking and need to fill water tank. When I insert hose, water fills for a minute or two, then shoots out. Is there a valve I need to open so the water will flow into tank with ease? I have valves under bathroom sink, are these the valves I need to adjust? If there is any specific information anyone can give me, or point me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it! I can’t find this information in the manual anywhere!
RoadsaParks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
RVCalypso

On my older RV's I was able to take a 5 gallon container and pour the water into the fresh water tank when boondocking. On our 2016 MW 25B the water fill requires pressure to fill. We purchased a portable pump with a hose bib on one side and a siphon hose on the other side. We use it to transfer water from a 5 gallon container when boondocking.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:25 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsaParks View Post
I can’t find this information in the manual anywhere!
You can't find anything on this because there isn't anything to do but to insert a hose INTO the gravity feed.

You'll find that the hose end will not go into the gravity fill hole. You need to cut off the male threaded hose end so that you can put the hose fully into the feed a foot or more.

I took a ruined hose in the garage and cut off the male threaded hose end making a short 5' hose for gravity fill.

What probably happening to you is the hose is sitting in the opening and as you start to fill it air is coming back up and pushing the hose out.

When you fully inert the hose the air just escapes around the hose as you fill the tank.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Ohhhh!!! Thanks to you both for the pointers! I appreciate it VERY much!
RoadsaParks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water