Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-25-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fresh Water system leak

I have a 2005 Adventurer 38J and I had it winterized by someone that I found on Craigslist. Mistake. I know its late in the season but i just got around to dewinterizing and I did not get past filling my Fresh Water tank with water when water came pouring out of my servvice bay and also shooting up in the toilet room. Since then I have been trying to get back to the location of the leak which I am guessing is at the tank connecction location. I have not been able to find a way to access any of the valves. Does anyone know how you can acccess that connection.
DonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think I understand where you mean and did a few repairs on o0ne of this type at one time, so maybe some small guessing will get it started?

I did a couple snips of the drawings for the plumbing found here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...g38j_plumb.pdf

Page one and page four for the details?

Click these to get a better view or go direct ?

I might guess that water left in one of the fittings on the back of the metal panel might be the problem and one way to look at getting there is to look at removing the knobs on front and maybe finding nuts which hold the plumbing to the metal? Along with lots of screws all around the outer edge, perhaps gets you access?

You may be able to reach up and feel for water coming out but that still leaves you needing to get better access to glue in new parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wetbay.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	180651   Click image for larger version

Name:	view f.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	180652  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the response Morich. I originally thought the same thing but when I removed the access panel adjacent to the service panel I was able to see that the water was coming from the other side of the coach. Coming across the line from the service panel I believe it goes to the tank. But the tank appears to be further forward than where I am seeing evidence of the leak. As I noted previously I had water shooting up from the toilet area which is immediately across from the service panel. But this does not make sense with the diagram which I had obtained from Winnebago unless there are multiple leaks. The line that I am referring to is the line above the F mark.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay, sounds like a different point to check??

The drawing is not the best on the years before 2010 but this seems to show there is a vacuum breaker fitting above the wet bay that might be a problem if I understand where you mean when you mention above the F.

These are gizmos that I have not had trouble with but also never liked the idea too much either. I do work with lots of water that has lots of minerals (hard water) that leave gritty deposits on everything they touch.

The way I understand these vacuum breakers to work is that they are designed to let air flow in as a way to make sure the pipe drains to avoid freezing but then they are also supposed to close when you are running water and that is the point where I wonder!

IF this is near the point you feel is leaking, take a look at this drawing and check if you see what I'm looking at on the design. Does it look like they show a small pan to catch any leaks----kind of like they thought it might be a problem?????

Maybe the little pan caught small drips for years but now it just overflows and runs down the pipe to the wet bay?

No help there on how to access it, though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vac break.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	180653  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

That vacumn breaker is on a seperate line for the saniflush system for the black and gray water tanks. and the leak is coming from further inboard of the coach. I will have to look for the tray but I don't think that is the source.

Tags
fresh water, leak, water