Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Faucet Squeaking when being turned (30T)

Can anyone tell me how to pull apart the faucet in the picture as the hot water side must have been assembled with a dry O ring as it squeaks when being turn on or off! 
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1432740764.237047.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  86.1 KB
Peter27C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This may be a repeat as my computer hick-cupped before the reply went out. We have that faucet also and the DW doesn't like the feel of the faucet when turning off. It doesn't feel like it really shuts off and you are tempted to twist it a bit more which gives the impression you will twist it off.

I haven't looked at ours real close as the coach is new to us but as you probably know a set screw should be somewhere (Murphy says probably on the back where hard to get to) to get the handle off. That is usually the worst part. Then probably just a nut to unscrew and pull out the assembly. Not sure I wouldn't like a twist knob instead but these do look nice.

Sorry not much help but will be curious to know what you find as I am sure I will have to get into ours at some point.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Add us to the inquiring minds, I just hope that replacement is not the only adjustment!
Old 05-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Peter27C,the faucet is a PHOENIX R4204-I and looks like there is a set screw under the leveler.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

There is no set screw on the exterior that I can see. If you are saying under the lever/handle that you rotate to turn the water on, the question is how do you get the lever/handle off? Does it just pull up? I have been "firm" with it but can not move it.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:50 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Peter27C, This looks like the set screw. I also sent a request to the manufacture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Faucet Handle.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	95554  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

You are dead right, I must be going blind!

Thanks for that, good thing I did not pull too hard! Breaking the handle then finding the screw would be pretty dumb. Haha

Pete
Old 05-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have a similar faucet handle here at our cabin. The set screw is recessed right under the 90 degree bend in the handle. It takes an Allen wrench. Caution when I did take the faucet apart in our Sightseer even with pump off and turning faucet on before starting I still got a little water coming out of the faucet when I pulled it.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2015 30T and was wondering if you ever found a solution to the squeaking hot water lever on the bathroom faucet?

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Robin, Carolyn and Maggie the Schnauzer - 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T, 2014 Smart Car Toad
Old 07-03-2015, 05:46 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I must confess I have not looked at it since my last post. Something I do need to look at as I get up much earlier than my wife and the squeak awakens her when I use the hot tap to wash my hands, have a shave etc.

Does yours squeak too?

Pete

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2014 Vista 30T
Old 07-03-2015, 06:10 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Yes, it is getting very irritating.

Robin, Carolyn and Maggie the Schnauzer - 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T, 2014 Smart Car Toad
Old 08-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Faucet Squeaking when being turned (30T)

The squeak, that I had with the hot water faucet in the bathroom is gone. I will tell you what happened and you can draw your own conclusion as to what stopped the squeak. Three days ago I turned on the hot water heater to get ready for a shower. When I went to turn on the hot water in the shower there was no water. There was cold water available but nothing would come out any of the hot water faucets. We used the campground showers that night. I did a search online and deduced that there was either a stoppage or a check valve failure. The next day I drained the coach and also did a flush on the hot water tank. I removed the inlet check valve to the hot water tank and found it to still be operational. I removed the outlet side check valve and the check/plunger fell out in my hand. The retainer and spring were gone. I first went to Lowes and they did not carry these check valves so I drove to Camping World of Asheville (about 15 miles away from where we are staying). They had the check valves so I got two; might as well change both out was my thought. They cost $8.40 each. I replaced both and then filled the system with all the faucets open to let the air out while filling back up. I checked for leaks and them turned on the hot water heater and checked for leaks again with the the water hot.
After buttoning everything up, I went to each faucet and turned on the hot water just to see if everything was working. I was delightfully surprised that the squeak was gone from the bathroom facet. The best reason that I can come up with is part of the retainer or spring had made its way to the faucet and caused the squeak. I am crossing my fingers that any debris came out of the drain when I drained the coach. Any way the squeak is gone (for now) and we have hot water again😀

Old 08-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

When to Forest City for slide and jack issues (of course!) and while I was ther they changed out the faucet. Noise is now gone!

Pete

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2014 Vista 30T