Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2004 Winnebago Vectra Cold Shower

Recently noticed the shower in our coach doesn’t get as hot as the bathroom or kitchen sink. When I turn the single Moen handle to hot the pressure get very low and the water is only Luke warm. Played around with the posi temp feature and took off the ring but i matter how turn it it’s water doesn’t get hot enough. I’m thinking I might just replace the cartridge but I can’t even find what model faucet it is. Has anyone experienced this issue or know what model it might be so I can order a cartridge? We are on the road now and will try contacting Winnebago on Monday. Thanks!
aw2657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Similar experience with cartridge....

I couldn't find numbers or models or documentation either, so I ended up pulling the cartridge and heading to ACE Hardware where I found a replacement. Works fine now.
Kind of a drag to do while "on the road" but I ran in to the same issues that you are running in to.
Hope this helps...
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw2657 View Post
Recently noticed the shower in our coach doesn’t get as hot as the bathroom or kitchen sink. When I turn the single Moen handle to hot the pressure get very low and the water is only Luke warm. Played around with the posi temp feature and took off the ring but i matter how turn it it’s water doesn’t get hot enough. I’m thinking I might just replace the cartridge but I can’t even find what model faucet it is. Has anyone experienced this issue or know what model it might be so I can order a cartridge? We are on the road now and will try contacting Winnebago on Monday. Thanks!
Moen is supposed to have a lifetime warranty. They may send you a new cartridge if you ask nicely.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have a single handle shower faucet in my '02 that looks just like a Delta, but it turns out it isn't! I found that out when I was in Forest City, IA (home of Winnebago) and tried to order a couple seal kits from their service department. They didn't have them and couldn't tell me where to get them. Drove a couple miles up the road to Lichtsinn RV

Showed them my VIN, they looked it up and sold me the kits for it. It turns out that because RVs are subjected to wild variations of water pressure, the faucets use a stronger spring and slightly different seals then the Delta faucet does. I think that they're just Delta faucets that are 'improved' with the better & stronger parts by a subcontractor so they carry a different brand name.

If you find a kit at Ace that seems to fit, like I did, you're likely to be faced with a regular drip from changes in water pressure or even from barometric changes. A home shower or sink faucet wouldn't ordinarily see the barometric pressure change rapidly up/down while traveling in the mountains or the PSI change from 25 to 75 PSI overnight like an RV might. It seemed to me that once they started dripping, it was a bear to get them to stop.

The correct kits are not cheap, but they solved my slow drip problems in both my bathroom sink faucet and the shower.

JMO.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
I have a single handle shower faucet in my '02 that looks just like a Delta, but it turns out it isn't! I found that out when I was in Forest City, IA (home of Winnebago) and tried to order a couple seal kits from their service department. They didn't have them and couldn't tell me where to get them. Drove a couple miles up the road to Lichtsinn RV

Showed them my VIN, they looked it up and sold me the kits for it. It turns out that because RVs are subjected to wild variations of water pressure, the faucets use a stronger spring and slightly different seals then the Delta faucet does. I think that they're just Delta faucets that are 'improved' with the better & stronger parts by a subcontractor so they carry a different brand name.

If you find a kit at Ace that seems to fit, like I did, you're likely to be faced with a regular drip from changes in water pressure or even from barometric changes. A home shower or sink faucet wouldn't ordinarily see the barometric pressure change rapidly up/down while traveling in the mountains or the PSI change from 25 to 75 PSI overnight like an RV might. It seemed to me that once they started dripping, it was a bear to get them to stop.

The correct kits are not cheap, but they solved my slow drip problems in both my bathroom sink faucet and the shower.

JMO.

Jim, did you ever look in Lowe's or HD? They should have had something to fit your need and for a much cheaper price. I know Winnebago tends to use Moen. I don't know that your faucet is for certain.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

So I heard back a few days later from Winnebago parts and they gave me a cartridge number for the outdoor shower faucet in the wet bay for $37. I had just replaced the plastic shower faucet out there a few months back and paid less than that for the whole faucet. lol I emailed them back and told them I explained which faucet I was talking about and they sent me a quote for $91 for the cartridge. In the mean time I did a little research on the Moen site and found out the cartridge was a standard 1222 posi-temp that they use in a lot of their models. Called Moen and they sent one to me 3 days later. Took about 5 minutes to put it in and now not only do I have blazing hot water.....it has so much more pressure. So for FREE....my shower issues are fixed. Thanks for everyone's ideas and support.
aw2657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Jim, did you ever look in Lowe's or HD? They should have had something to fit your need and for a much cheaper price. I know Winnebago tends to use Moen. I don't know that your faucet is for certain.
I actually did. I checked several of Lowe's stores along with HD. But I didn't find what I was looking for. Just luck of the draw.

Like I mentioned earlier, I did find the Delta kit at Ace Hardware...but that is NOT the right kit. This according to Lichtsinn. It's a different brand faucet from the Delta that it looks exactly like. Even though the Delta kit fits and looks right, after a while it starts steadily dripping. Over time, I had to pull it out and mess with it several times but it always eventually dripped. The faucets use a stronger spring and slightly thicker seals to allow for the higher pressures RV'ers find on the road.

Because of that, I had asked at the Winnie factory for a new kit...they don't have it. Lichtsinn has it. Contact them.

Keep in mind that if you don't move around much, you might have excellent results from the Delta kit. If you have repeated drips, get the Lichtsinn kit. Just a suggestion.

PS: Sorry to aw2657 for hijacking your thread. Congrats on getting yours fixed, and for free it looks like.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
I actually did. I checked several of Lowe's stores along with HD. But I didn't find what I was looking for. Just luck of the draw.

Like I mentioned earlier, I did find the Delta kit at Ace Hardware...but that is NOT the right kit. This according to Lichtsinn. It's a different brand faucet from the Delta that it looks exactly like. Even though the Delta kit fits and looks right, after a while it starts steadily dripping. Over time, I had to pull it out and mess with it several times but it always eventually dripped. The faucets use a stronger spring and slightly thicker seals to allow for the higher pressures RV'ers find on the road.

Because of that, I had asked at the Winnie factory for a new kit...they don't have it. Lichtsinn has it. Contact them.

Keep in mind that if you don't move around much, you might have excellent results from the Delta kit. If you have repeated drips, get the Lichtsinn kit. Just a suggestion.

PS: Sorry to aw2657 for hijacking your thread. Congrats on getting yours fixed, and for free it looks like.
So much for the Winne promise of parts always available! How hard would it be to upgrade the faucet? It has lasted a long time. I think you would not do wrong if you could find out if it is a Moen. "For life" is what they say. They may help you out so you have spare parts on hand.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw2657 View Post
So I heard back a few days later from Winnebago parts and they gave me a cartridge number for the outdoor shower faucet in the wet bay for $37. I had just replaced the plastic shower faucet out there a few months back and paid less than that for the whole faucet. lol I emailed them back and told them I explained which faucet I was talking about and they sent me a quote for $91 for the cartridge. In the mean time I did a little research on the Moen site and found out the cartridge was a standard 1222 posi-temp that they use in a lot of their models. Called Moen and they sent one to me 3 days later. Took about 5 minutes to put it in and now not only do I have blazing hot water.....it has so much more pressure. So for FREE....my shower issues are fixed. Thanks for everyone's ideas and support.
Good for you. Way to go! So, they do stand by their products.

Tags
shower, winnebago