Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2021, 08:42 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

bigb, what did you use to "line" the reflectix? I have some I use in the back of the motorhome but never did anything with the edges. On a tinted window it makes the window super hot but I've not heard of any damage as a result. Must be trapping/absorbing the heat on the tint.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:47 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUSoCal View Post
bigb, what did you use to "line" the reflectix? I have some I use in the back of the motorhome but never did anything with the edges. On a tinted window it makes the window super hot but I've not heard of any damage as a result. Must be trapping/absorbing the heat on the tint.
I didn't line it at all. the passenger window looks like it has a black edge but that is the window frame. I'm not worried about tint damage as my tint is all factory, no film. Plus we only use them when camping, storage is indoors.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:06 PM   #23
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
How much better is the Magna Shade over MCD?

Note: I'm not a fan of MCD's snap-on connectors, which is way I don't use them, but I would if I were camped in a park where I needed windshield privacy.

And the problems with using cheap, bubble shades you can make out of material at HD for $50, which mimic car windshield sun shades are many. The only advantage is price.

So, how much is the Magne shade for the front windshield? ...And does it work to keep heat inside the RV during the winter? (I'm guessing NOT!)
The exterior Magna shade and the interior MCD shades are not mutually exclusive. Many people have both.

The MCD interior windshield shade is primarily a privacy shade. It will block the light, but it blocks it on the inside, and allows heat to build up inside.

The Magna shade’s exterior application means the heat never gets into the coach in the first place. And you can see through the Magna shade during the daytime, (though it’s filtered light), and no one can see in. At night, it’s the reverse, hence why one would want the MCD shade inside.