Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2018, 10:48 PM   #1
Let's kill some bugs!

MCD motorized windshield shade

Is there an easy way to program the MCD motorized shades to go a little lower while driving? Optimally I'd like mine to go about 3" lower when driving into the sun.
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
2014 Journey 36M

Dont know what coach you haven but I adjusted the stops on them in our 2014 Journey 36M...instructions were in the MCD section of our owners manual supplement. A little confusing at first but got it after a few attempts. If you don't have the manual check online. If no luck there and yours are same, I can try to post the instruction page from ours here.
Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

2015 Sunova 33C. I found the instructions on the MCD website. They aren't particularly clear, but after reading through them a couple of times I was able to figure it out. It takes two people to do the ones in our coach because the switch to raise and lower the shade(s) is left of the steering wheel and the programming buttons are on far end of the passenger side of the shades. It actually turned out to be pretty easy.
jbarry130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #4
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarry130 View Post
2015 Sunova 33C. I found the instructions on the MCD website. They aren't particularly clear, but after reading through them a couple of times I was able to figure it out. It takes two people to do the ones in our coach because the switch to raise and lower the shade(s) is left of the steering wheel and the programming buttons are on far end of the passenger side of the shades. It actually turned out to be pretty easy.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out when I get my rig back from the shop. I guess they put those buttons far away from each other for a reason, to prevent something potentially going wrong while driving, possibly blocking your view to drive.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Supposedly there is a "fail safe" in the system that prevents the opaque shade from dropping down enough to block the driver's view. I hope I never have to test it!!!!
jbarry130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #6
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarry130 View Post
Supposedly there is a "fail safe" in the system that prevents the opaque shade from dropping down enough to block the driver's view. I hope I never have to test it!!!!
Yes, but I need that fail safe level to be 3" lower than it's currently programmed. When driving toward the sunset I have to sit on 2 pillows for the shade to work adequately in that scenario.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #7
2014 Journey 36M

Same with our Journey...2 people due to switch locations.
Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

If you have any trouble reprogramming your blind, you can set it where you want it before starting the motor and it will stay there after you start up and get under way.
Hogmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmedad View Post
Same with our Journey...2 people due to switch locations.
It used to take two people, but now I just use a paper clip to jump the connections.
gnewhall is offline   Reply With Quote