Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2022, 07:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Removing the TV 2017 Vista 29VE

Hi all
Just caught this post that's most relative to my issue (https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...tv-359949.html). I have 2017 Winn Vista 29ve. 40" tv in living room on wall, backside of wall is shower. Appears as though same mount as pictures above. How do you remove the tv from the mount? Also would like to replace with swivel mount and replace tv with smart tv. Has anyone had any experience with this?
monytaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

@monytaker,

I just finished that project with the same 2017 Vista 29ve. We upgraded the couch to Recpro theater seating and wanted to tilt the TV away from the wall and more angled toward that area. Had mixed results.

Remove all the connections to the TV first to pull from the wall in one motion. The TV is held by the frame that is attached to the TV and is removed by lifting that out of the "bottom" strip of metal. As you unscrew the top hold the TV till all are out, then lift away. I'd bet the frame attached weighs as much as the original TV. Remove the bottom strip, and that's all gone.

I used this mount - https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B077Z7NV...roduct_details. The mount works well in that if you line it up to the right of the cutout for the cables coming through the walls, you can line the holes with the existing frame in the wall. The smallest 4k TVs are 43, and the original is a 40" 1080p NON-Smart TV. The width difference is minor (less than 2 inches), but it will stick out a bit and into the hallway. I just put this in a few weeks ago and have NOT driven the earthquake on wheels yet, so we'll see how it holds.

A couple of observations -
  • As noted, the 43" (I have one mounted in my backyard that I may swap out) will shift the mounting over an inch or so.
  • The reason I went with that mount was to swing to the left (closer to the window by the dining table), and this appeared to be the most extended "arm" length - it's MUCH better but still is about 1/2 way angled (I'll post some pics later today).
  • The mount holds the TV about 2-3 inches from the wall, and it has some play. I took a pool noodle and "arched" it over the back to keep it from rotating. It doesn't feel like it should "unlatch," but we won't know until we hit the road tomorrow for a long weekend trip.
  • The angle and overall position of the TV is still NOT good for watching from the couch area - you have to look to the side, and after a bit, your neck will hurt, BUT it is much better than what it was.
  • Best place is where they put it in the new redesigned 29v - above the dinette, but that takes away a cabinet - compromise for the couch area and not good for the swivel driver and passenger, so it's a toss-up.
  • I also mounted a sound bar (Yamaha) under the TV - it works OK and much better than the TV with simulated surround and just the bar. That was enough.
  • I use a Chromecast - so I fished the USB power cable through the cabinet to plug in and have the power come out behind the TV - a clean setup that works on the inverter. That plug, I believe, is also used for the TV.
  • I also found that IF you remove the monitor panel, you can get a good look at that wall and how it's built - that helped me position the mount to ensure I was close to the middle of the "strips" that span the wall for the mount to hang on to.

Any questions, ask away.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Wall Mount Pics 29ve

Here are some Pics for the post above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221130_091449.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	184722   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221130_091545.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	184724  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221130_091710.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	184725   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221130_091500 (2).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	184726  

Old 11-30-2022, 04:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for your quick response with pics. We just added power recliners as well replacing j knife sofa. I will be anxious to get started. Appreciate the detailed directions.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Our Adventurer 29B is similar. The stock mount just screws into the wall. Disconnect the cables and then remove the screws, then you can remove the mount from the TV.

I replaced the stock TV mount with a MOR/ryde TV1-021H, along with some french clips top and bottom. The MOR/ryde TV1-021H has a latching mechanism that prevents it from moving when not in use. We can pull out the TV and turn it so that it's almost a square view to the couch (which we prefer). So far we've put over 18,000 miles on the set-up with no issues.

I replaced the POS dumb TV with a VIZIO 1080p 40-Inch Smart TV, model D40f-J09. It's almost an exact size fit, and lighter, and looks way better. It only has two HDMI inputs, but that's not an issue for us. Biggest challenge is routing cables through the wall. Also added a Vizio Sound Bar - M21D-H8, which sounds great!
Old 12-05-2022, 08:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Ty for your reply. I looked up the mount you used and it appears as though it might match where this other mount is attached. Waiting for weather to improve some and will get out there and remove tv.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I do like the Mor/ryde above and think that's what is used for the outside TV. Definitely built more rugged.

The less expensive mount did great going down the road - I didn't see any movement when locked in place, so for me, it worked well. I'm pretty sure like Hermes2, I'll swap out to a new model and still need to determine 40" or 43" 4k.

@Hermes2 - agree, fishing wires was a bit of a challenge. Helped to remove the right-hand panel inside the cabinet (above the dinette) to get access to the back wall. I left a pull string but didn't need it to run a USB-c cable this time for powering up the Google Chromecast. I left all the existing audio & HDMI unplugged that they had on the original mount/TV - I just have it all directly attached to the TV. I do need to address the cables in the back to clean it up a bit - when pulling the TV out you need to leave slack but not too much as to see it when pushed back into place for traveling.