Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Function of TV Switchbox

I have a 2011 Winnebago Aspect 30c which has the factory TV switch box and RCA DVD player. With either OTA antenna or DVD player, none of the switches for any of the TV positions does anything. For example, while OTA is playing on TV1, switching TV1 from Sat to Cable to DVD to ANT results in no change to the picture. Same is true with TV2 in the bedroom. Does the TV multiswitch serve any function?

Ed Hamilton
Cardinal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The switchbox switches the rca/component connectors.
The antenna/cable is hardwired to the tv's
You have to change the input on the TV itself as well - antenna/cable/component(aux) etc. Should be an 'input' or 'sorce' button on the remote/tv.
Hope that helps.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Looking a the wiring diagram it is a little complicated. The DVD player connects to the TV via HDMI input 1, the satellite receiver connects to the TV via HDMI input 2. The switch box connects to the TV via the RF input. So if you system is like the diagram I was looking at the switch box will only change the inputs going to the RF input on the TV.
All of the signals going to the rear TV go through the switch box.
Here is the link to the diagram.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_174763.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My 2012 didnt follow the wiring diagram.
The DVD was hdmi to the main TV (seperate DVDs in bedroom & external), the satelite reciever was component cabled to the switchbox which then feeds the 3 TVS. The Sat-2 & AUX connectors were dangling in the cabinet.
The only way to be sure is to look.
I think Ed has hdmi to the DVD & no satelite, so his switchbox has nothing to switch.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

You should be able to switch the OTA Winegard antenna to any or all TVs via the switch box. you would then have to do a channel scan at each stop and maybe rotate the antenna.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Appreciate the comments. You would think that switching the video control from Antenna to Sat or DVD or whatever would do something but it does not. TV continues to play antenna (in this test case) with no change in picture.
Cardinal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Select hdmi or component on tv source menu and see if you can see sat/dvd.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Pilot View Post
Appreciate the comments. You would think that switching the video control from Antenna to Sat or DVD or whatever would do something but it does not. TV continues to play antenna (in this test case) with no change in picture.
I would agree with your logic regarding the switch labeling .... but the installer may have had a different idea
Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

The Winny audio/video distribution is in a hybrid state right now.

They are using the TV source inputs in their development.

Our only rf distribution is OTA antenna and cable. These are hardwired to the tv's, selection of OTA vs cable is done by switching the roof antenna 12v power on for OTA, off for cable. TV source needs to be on TV.

My sat receiver goes to a video switch box, which handles component or composite video and audio. I can then switch these to any tv. TV needs to have source set to component (if this is used from sat rcvr) or avi (if composite is used).

My front dvd blue ray player is wired to the 2 living room tvs via HDMI. TV source needs to be HDMI 1. I can't distribute this to the other 2 tvs, but they have their own dvd players.

Pushing 1 button does not work anymore.

I understand the newer high end models are using more HDMI for distribution. Not sure if they are integrating the older OTA/cable coax into the hdmi or not.

I imagine in a few years down the road all distribution will be done by wireless routers.