Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2022, 05:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide out issues. 2022 Micro Minnie FLX 2108FBS

My bottom right motor to my slide, isn't working properly. Does someone know where the motor control box is that I can reset? Or even put it into manual slide mode? The dealership told me it would be about 3 feet away from the slide and should be a little gray box with a small black button. I took apart my table looking for it and even cleaned out my cabinets under the TV looking for it. I even tried to remove the fuse for the slide in hopes to reset it. Please help!
J03_d1rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I can’t be sure for the FLX, but I seem to remember the controller being hidden behind a panel on the interior trim below the slide.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

FLX should be same as garden variety 2108. There is a small 18” or so wide luan piece screwed into the luan vertical surround below the slide. Remove this and you’ll see the controller. If you don’t have a Lippert/Schwintek slide manual in your packet, you can watch the video:
https://youtu.be/bGL4aILZYcY
Old 07-22-2022, 05:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_d1rt View Post
My bottom right motor to my slide, isn't working properly. Does someone know where the motor control box is that I can reset? Or even put it into manual slide mode? The dealership told me it would be about 3 feet away from the slide and should be a little gray box with a small black button. I took apart my table looking for it and even cleaned out my cabinets under the TV looking for it. I even tried to remove the fuse for the slide in hopes to reset it. Please help!
They MIGHT be talking about the little relays that are outside on the tongue itself. Do the stabilizer jacks function? Front and Rear?
Does the tongue stab jack work?
If you're looking from the passenger side of the trailer, between the LP tanks and the body itself, look down and to the left on the main frame. There are 4 things that kind of look like LEGO blocks. The one closest to the body itself has a tiny black button on top of it.

Our slide out wasn't working because we had somehow managed to trip that relay. Had to wiggle a hand up there to feel the button and push it to reset it and all was happy again.

Might be worth a look. At the very least, you now know where a relay to check is.

And keep us posted! Now that there's a FLX version of the Hike, maybe we'll get a specific FLX forum.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Roving Medics

Thank you so much for the advice on the relay reset. No one had mentioned that and having just bought my camper earlier this week I was really frustrated. Your quick fix was the answer.
FedAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 03:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

you're very welcome! there's a lot of little things about these that I think we're all still learning. ;-)
Old 07-07-2023, 04:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Fixed!

My slide wouldn’t move, would sound the motor, click, then stop. I came here searching for answers, and you led me to that little black button behind the propane tanks on the “lego” blocks. I realized that all my jacks were out, as well. Slid that button inward from the frame and we’re back in business!
We’ve had a lot of lightning at the house lately, I suspect maybe a surge tripped this since we were plugged in.
Thanks for your tip!
Rbarbot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 04:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Having the same issue... Thanks for the relay tip! My jacks are working again, but the slide continues to click and not open. Strange thing is, the error codes have changed a few times: always motor 1, but it flips from battery dropout to hall ground fault. So frustrating! Anyone have any other suggestions?
RiverRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 07:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so very much for this post. I happened to see iit while I was trying to figure out why our slide, tongue jack, and stabilizers stopped working when we still had 40 percent battery on our 2306 BHS FLX. I went right to that row of relays, found the button, and I everything works again!
Daisy Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 07:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Update: I kept having to reset the “short Stop” breaker with the little reset button on it. (A 30 AMP btw), until finally the little button broke. I could not find the exact replacement anywhere online or in stores, so I replaced it with an “Auto-reset” version from Camping World and have had no issues since. You can also get these short stop breakers from some auto stores like Napa btw. As an aside, nobody can explain why only 1 of these 4 breakers had the manual reset button to begin with. My Winnie dealer had no clue and said they just replace them with auto breakers if they go bad.
Rbarbot2 is offline   Reply With Quote