Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2023, 03:18 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for your time!

I do plan on changing out the house battery to LiFePo4 but I will save that for another thread after I have done some proper research.

I actually just bought that Walmart CHEAPO in '22 when I learned that I had burned up what must have been the OEM Duracell Ultra from 2017. I did not realize I need to be disconnecting the battery when connected to the shore power for a long period of time...something I have now added to my to-do list. But, yes, I did go with the smaller battery for the battery box...smaller than the OEM. We haven't taken Daisy out for dry camping yet (got her in 2018), and really, if had not been for losing electricity after a storm, and wanting to make sure I can survive another power outage, I had not tried hooking up this solar panel.

OH, BTW, forgot to answer your question about location...the house battery is on the tongue, crammed between the propane and the camper.

That is what makes those wires coming out of the fuse box, in the bathroom, out to the rear storage compartment confusing...not to mention the fuse box. The wires are not long enough to make it to the front battery. So, you think maybe they had a separate battery for the solar charger controller...ran the terminals from the controller to the battery in the back...and ran that fuse terminal. But what was connected to the fuse box?

Should I just remove the terminal fuse block...and plan to hook the SOLAR panel controller to the main battery upfront?

Thanks!
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar