Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-21-2021, 06:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Smile New Owners of a 2108DS

Hello All,

We are newbies and just purchased our 1st TT, It’s a used early 2021, 2108DS and I have a ton of question. We have already done a three day camp and all went well.

So I have two questions to start with:

1. Today I was pulling panels to get familiar with everything and I noticed there is no bypass valve at the hot water heater, I can see where the hot and cold lines tee off the main line but no bypass. Will this be a problem when it comes time to winterize?

2. How do I add TT and tow vehicle info at the bottom of the page. Thanks in advance Ron & Sarah
RonW58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW58 View Post
2. How do I add TT and tow vehicle info at the bottom of the page. Thanks in advance Ron & Sarah
It's easy... here is a pictograph of the process (click on it to enlarge):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EditSignature.png
Views:	60
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	180610  
Old 08-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW58 View Post
Hello All,

We are newbies and just purchased our 1st TT, It’s a used early 2021, 2108DS and I have a ton of question. We have already done a three day camp and all went well.

So I have two questions to start with:

1. Today I was pulling panels to get familiar with everything and I noticed there is no bypass valve at the hot water heater, I can see where the hot and cold lines tee off the main line but no bypass. Will this be a problem when it comes time to winterize?

Hi Ron,
I have the same as you except mine is a “b” model. But they should be the same in the bathroom area. The wh bypass valves can be accessed through the luan panel under the closets at the bottom. There are four small wood screws holding the panel in. I tired of using the screws every time I wanted to get to the wh, or under the sink, so I installed magnetic latches and drawer pulls. Now it’s easy to get in there, and you even gain some extra storage space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D347E77-7C08-4C5D-B506-B5E3AEB3E05B.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	180613  
Old 08-22-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi Jim,
Our bathroom is reversed from yours, I removed the panel under the sink to access the rear of the hot water heater and that is when I noticed there was no bypass valve. Thanks Ron
Old 08-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hi Jim, I pulled the panel again this afternoon and discovered I have three way valves so I do have a bypass. I would be interested in seeing a picture of your magnet latch setup if you get a chance. Thanks again Ron
Old 08-23-2021, 05:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry Ron,
I don’t have any pics of the unfinished process, but it’s quite easy.

1. Go to HD or Lowe’s and buy two packs of cabinet magnets (2 in each pack). And two small cabinet pulls.
2. Remove panels. Mount the mag latches on both sides of the cabinet interior molding halfway between top and bottom.
3. Screw the metal plates onto the backside of the luan panels such that they mate up with the latches you already installed. Be careful here, the luan is very thin and can crack. Use a Dremmel to cut off the excess screw that pokes through the panel.
4. Drill holes the size of the cabinet pull screws through luan. Install small drawer pulls through luan, once again being careful not to crack it. You will need to use Dremmel to cut the screw length to size. Tighten but don’t over tighten.
Done.
Labor time: 45 minutes
Cost: About $8.00