Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2021, 06:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Electric Trailer Dolly for Micro Minnie

Wondering if anyone can suggest an electric trailer dolly for positioning the MM 2108DS into a tight storage place for example. I saw this one and wondering if it is any good and will be useful?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorized-T...-127632-2357-0
Jovie5668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I haven't had any experience with this dolly but I'd say that it's not going to be up to the job, especially in the long term. If you look online, you'll see that most are much more expensive and more heavily built.

If you Google "motorized trailer dolly" you'll get a lot of hits, compare prices, weight and specs and you'll get an idea of why the Vevor seems undersized for the job. Your GVWR is 7,000#. This isn't something you want to skimp on or you risk injury to yourself and/or damage to your trailer.

You'll also notice that none of the vendors selling the Vevor dolly show any more than a handful of reviews.

Having said that, if your trailer has a wheeled tongue jack now, and if you're now able to move it around manually and you'll only be moving it for short distances on flat concrete, it might be OK, at least until it fails.

Personally I had a Powercaster dolly which start at about $2,000, that I bought used. They're built like tanks and I sold it for $600 on Craigslist when I moved from a TT to a MH. Power Caster has a classifieds page with used units for sale by owners:

Power Caster Bravenet Classifieds -

I would think that, with all the trailer boats in your area, there has to be something more suitable not too far away on Craigslist for a reasonable price.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I should have emphasized that I wouldn't even try the Vevor dolly on anything but absolutely flat pavement. If there's any chance of the trailer getting away from you, failure could be catastrophic to the trailer and/or you.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Trailer dolly

I faced this issue and bought a manual dolly from Trailer Valet for my 1808 Micro Minnie. They also make powered units but I don’t have any experience with it. The manual dolly has an attachment for my battery powered drill for movement. The dolly works well enough but I live in Florida and my driveway surface is very flat and even. It’s built very well and has a brake mechanism which is essential. A bit tricky to use but very solid given it connected to the ball receiver directly.
etubridy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by etubridy View Post
I faced this issue and bought a manual dolly from Trailer Valet for my 1808 Micro Minnie. They also make powered units but I don’t have any experience with it. The manual dolly has an attachment for my battery powered drill for movement. The dolly works well enough but I live in Florida and my driveway surface is very flat and even. It’s built very well and has a brake mechanism which is essential. A bit tricky to use but very solid given it connected to the ball receiver directly.
I also live in Florida. What model did you buy? I have a 2021 micro Minnie 2108DS and wondering the model that would work for me if I decide to buy one. I see they make different models.
Bruce
Jovie5668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovie5668 View Post
I also live in Florida. What model did you buy? I have a 2021 micro Minnie 2108DS and wondering the model that would work for me if I decide to buy one. I see they make different models.
Bruce
I also used the Trailer Valet XL (10,000 lbs limit) on our older trailer which was slightly under 4k lbs. We just purchased a Winnebago Minnie 2455 BHS which weighs a little over 5K so really should not have any issues moving with the Trailer Valet.

Our driveway is pretty flat but does drop off slightly at the end. The Trailer Valet did a good job with the cordless drill attachment manipulating the trailer into a tight corner, you can also use a manual hand crank. It can be a little scary knowing that you are moving your trailer with this unit but after I got comfortable, I had no issues. It's a great investment. Just go online and search and watch videos for instruction.
kjlc1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I am researching purchasing one of these as well and found them on costco.com for a price under Trailer Valet's website, fyi.
brownct9 is offline   Reply With Quote