Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2023, 11:31 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Another Cat Scale weigh-in 2019 Micro Minnie 2108DS

I figure there are plenty of folks here who have never weighed their rig, but keep thinking about doing it. So here's my first weigh-in data. I've had mine for a few years now and never got around to it until now.

First, I have to say the CAT scales are super, super easy to use. There were no trucks waiting, probably because it wasn't on a freeway, and I imagine trucks don't stay on the scale for long. I certainly didn't. Getting on the 3 pads was stupid easy for me because my Land Cruiser has 360 cameras, but I don't think it would have been difficult to open the door and look. They had nice yellow lines separating the pads. I'll I had to do was type in the scale number (easy to see when you drive onto the front pad) and with in a few seconds you have your numbers (of course I had to setup the phone app at home before I went to the scale). Easy. You don't have to save or write down numbers. Just drive away. They e-mail everything to you, and I suppose it's in the history in the app, too.

After the first weigh, I drove to a semi-parking spot and unhitched the trailer (don't forget to chock it). Then I drove around for a re-weigh. The app asked if it was a re-weigh when I put in the scale number again, and I tapped yes. It gave a funny error that I think was due to the 3rd pad showing no weight (which was true). It said to call the attendant, but I just hit the button again and it worked the second time. It could be that someone inside did something. I didn't need to go inside or talk to an attendant for anything. There are youtube videos if you want to see what this looks like. My first weigh cost $13 and the re-weigh was another $3.50.

Here are my scale numbers with my WDH hooked up:

Front: 3060, Rear: 3860, Trailer: 4260 (total 11,180)

Without the trailer:

Front: 3320, Rear: 3020

My Land Cruiser specs are:

GVWR 7385, GAWR Front 3595, GAWR Rear 4300
Curb weight 5715 (from toyota.com), TWR 8100 (from user manual), GCVWR 14,400 (from user manual), max tongue weight 891 (11% of TWR from user manual).

The sticker for our TT on the kitchen sink door says GVRW 7000 (we have the earlier heavier axles), and UVW (dry weight) 3900. The freshwater tank was empty (31 gallons would be +250lbs or so). The black tank had approx 10 ga (83lbs), and the gray about 3 ga (25lbs). One propane tank was mostly empty. The TT is mostly packed for a trip, but not completely. The fridge is empty, for example. I also had no payload in the TV, which is normally the case except when I'm also hauling our honda generator.

I'm well within my ranges. I could probably move more weight to the front axle with the WDH, but I probably won't as the whole setup is quite level. Maybe on our next trip I'll quick run over the scale to see what "fully loaded" looks like.

Sorry this post is a bit of alphabet soup. If you don't know what all these terms mean, it's a good reminder to start looking them up. Someone can probably point to a good youtube video. I know I looked at a couple (referenced somewhere in these forums) that covered everything very well.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat