Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

I'm taking my VP out of hibernation this week and will look into your suggestion for storing the stinky slinky. It'll be interesting to see how it goes around the corner.
Jack28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #22
BPD
Winnebago Watcher

Stinky Slinky

I inverted the holder 180 degrees that was supplied by WB. It was held in place by four screws. This will allow the slinky and holder to drain because of the slope. I used electrical tape under the plastic housing to keep drainage off the metal. I also used a PVC holder (Zip Holder - I got from my plumbing warehouse.) to help support the pipe after the elbow. The elbow should be a long sweep 90 -- NOT A SHORT SWEEP. At the end of the pipe I used a screw cap -- clean out which I drilled holes in for venting.

My stinky slinky is a Rhino. I had to get rid of the supplied ends that came with the hose. I picked up a Camco easy fit sewer fitting. The fitting attaches to the waste hook up. This will obviously not fit up into the pipe. I found that the rhino went right up and around the bend without any problem. If you have a problem a little rotation of the pipe should free it up. Also make sure that the ends of the pipe has been sanded before you glue them together. I also made a little compartment above the slinky hole for my gloves. Let me know how you make out.

If you need any photos let me know.
BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2006 Winnebago View and having plumbing problems. My shower seems to keep leaking water through the shower head and the connecting part whenever the water pump is on. When the water pump is on, it keeps running, constantly even when water not being used. It is leaking down the front and possibly down back panel (I think)it is coming out of the control knobs; since water seems to be coming out of where the shower panel meets the shower floor pan. I did not have this problem until after I had my Winnebago winterized. Is there any connection? Was I suppose to open something up or close something after it was winterized? Please help, please, please, and thank you. Joani aka Winnebgo Mama.
Burkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Going on our first long trip starting next week. So far the fuel mileage is good but trips have been to short to really know how good. All of the warranty issues have been resolved to my satisfaction. Just had a satellite TV system installed and activated my 6 months satellite radio system as well. Wherever we take the View Profile on a trip people always stop by and ask to see it. Some of my neighbors want me to pass it down to them if I win to lottery. I know this doesn't help you now but I'll get back to you be the end of May with how the 2K mile trip goes.
Alex
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

Burkelly: You better get behind the shower panel. Your description of the problem means you've have a serious leak in the plumbing.
WB quality control at times is doubtful. My new 2012 VP had two problems on my first outing this spring. No water from the bath sink, found the strainer in the goose neck clogged with sawdust. In the dark of the night walking around the driver side of the rear bed suddenly found my foot trapped in a hole on the floor. Daylight revealed the floor access panel to plumbing had collapsed downward. Inspection revealed the wood support panel came loose. Further inspection found 2 of the 4 staples were at such an angle only a 1/4" was driven into the floor above and 1 staple was not in the support panel. Other than that I still love the VP.
Jack28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago