Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-11-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sewer Hose Storage in View/Navion

We have a '23 View 24D that we're just now outfitting. Basement storage is somewhat limited, and I sure don't want to bring the "slinky" inside. Under the chassis is also not all that possible. So, looking at the ladder, I thought it might be possible to mount the Valterra storage tube on the side. Done!

Mickey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230411_172734055.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	185608  
MRichaud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Not a bad idea at all. I mounted the same but on the drivers side just ahead of the wet bay door and the blank door that has hinges but is bolted shut. I will pulling my Navion 24D out of storage later this week. Let me know if you would like some photos of the installation. My beach chairs get hung on the ladder rack using set of swing out (of the way) brackets that I found on Amazon.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 03:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky19053 View Post
Not a bad idea at all. I mounted the same but on the drivers side just ahead of the wet bay door and the blank door that has hinges but is bolted shut. I will pulling my Navion 24D out of storage later this week. Let me know if you would like some photos of the installation. My beach chairs get hung on the ladder rack using set of swing out (of the way) brackets that I found on Amazon.
Yes, pictures please! I'm not necessarily wed to my solution; just didn't find any alternative. Need a place for decent (not bag) chairs as well, so please post the Amazon item.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2023, 05:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Mrichard;
> Img 0185 shows where I mounted the sewerage hose to the left of the wet bay compartment. There is currently a hydraulic lift cylinder that will need to removed. The opening or hole was made just a metal hole saw. The white stuff makes a otherwise sharp opening nice and smooth. The little string hanging on the door latch keeps the hose from sliding to far down in the tube
> Img 0186shows the length of the storage tube running the width of the RV. I wanted a downward tilt for drainage so it became necessary to notch the PVC elbow on the freshwater storage tank. On the far side I used a 2x3 x6" wood space. This is thru bolted to the right side rear storage compartment. I caulked the holes to keep any road wash out. On the end of the tube I drilled some weep holes for drainage.
Img 0187 shows the new hydraulic lift cylinder mounted holding open the wet bay door.
Img 0188 Shows the hydraulic cylinder that was originally on the wet bay door. This is the panel ahead of the wet bay. It looks like a door but is bolted shut. In the 2021 model year this panel has hinges but is bolted closed. I added latches but it not necessary to open this door as the sewerage hold is removable by opening only the wet bay door.
Its not a project for everyone but it you have some skills its not a hard project. One that I found well worth the time to complete. And besides I never like the idea of the sewerage hose sharing spare in any of the limited storage compartments.
I can pull the part numbers from my order history on Amazon if needed. Feel free to ask question
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	185663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	185664  

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	185665   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	185666  

Old 04-16-2023, 05:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Mrichard;
> Img 0185 shows where I mounted the sewerage hose to the left of the wet bay compartment. There is currently a hydraulic lift cylinder that will need to removed. The opening or hole was made just a metal hole saw. The white stuff makes a otherwise sharp opening nice and smooth. The little string hanging on the door latch keeps the hose from sliding to far down in the tube
> Img 0186shows the length of the storage tube running the width of the RV. I wanted a downward tilt for drainage so it became necessary to notch the PVC elbow on the freshwater storage tank. On the far side I used a 2x3 x6" wood space. This is thru bolted to the right side rear storage compartment. I caulked the holes to keep any road wash out. On the end of the tube I drilled some weep holes for drainage.
Img 0187 shows the new hydraulic lift cylinder mounted holding open the wet bay door.
Img 0188 Shows the hydraulic cylinder that was originally on the wet bay door. This is the panel ahead of the wet bay. It looks like a door but is bolted shut. In the 2021 model year this panel has hinges but is bolted closed. I added latches but it not necessary to open this door as the sewerage hold is removable by opening only the wet bay door.
Its not a project for everyone but it you have some skills its not a hard project. One that I found well worth the time to complete. And besides I never like the idea of the sewerage hose sharing spare in any of the limited storage compartments.
I can pull the part numbers from my order history on Amazon if needed. Feel free to ask question
Interesting! Will be taking a long, hard look at mine to see if I'm up to the task! May be in touch with you later.

Thanks for the idea!
Mickey
Old 04-16-2023, 06:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Just took a quick look - won't work on mine ('23 24D model). Dump connection is just under that area, and with the rear bath, plumbing is different.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Understood, you may want to look at directly under the rear of the vehicle going from left to right. Because my driveway is on a hill adding something hanging low would limit the angel of rise that I hit when backing in at home.
Old 04-16-2023, 08:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Understood, you may want to look at directly under the rear of the vehicle going from left to right. Because my driveway is on a hill adding something hanging low would limit the angel of rise that I hit when backing in at home.
Yes, same here with the driveway - plus, I'd be concerned with other areas' angle of approach - e.g. fuel stations' entrances. Plus, there are triangular "skid" brackets on the frame which limit space to mount anything back there. Really limited real estate on the chassis for suitable mounting.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Have you found a solution for the 2023 24D sewer hose storage?
BagoDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 12:22 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagoDriver View Post
Have you found a solution for the 2023 24D sewer hose storage?
Yes - see post #1 above.
Old 05-09-2023, 04:52 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Mickey - I was hoping to find an inside solution. I may try to do the same mod as Sparky19053 in post #4 but from the opposite side (between the rear wet bay and the generator). My only concern is access to the spare tire. I'll let you know if I have any success.
Old 05-09-2023, 04:58 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagoDriver View Post
Thanks Mickey - I was hoping to find an inside solution. I may try to do the same mod as Sparky19053 in post #4 but from the opposite side (between the rear wet bay and the generator). My only concern is access to the spare tire. I'll let you know if I have any success.
Thanks. I've even thought about removing the spare - bonus with some weight saving.
Mounting the tube on the ladder is ~OK~ but it does limit choices for hanging chairs as well. A shame Winnebago didn't address this better.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:31 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Bagodriver, your spare should not be in the way. As for using the ladder rack we hang our beach chairs there so no go. Besides when I look at our RV the last thing I want to see is the sewerage hose storage compartment. Where I mounted this was no easy project but for me well worth the efforts.
Old 05-10-2023, 07:44 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Sparky19053, I agree that the hose on the ladder is not the best solution and I'm willing to do the work to get it hidden under the rig. Can you share the parts and techniques that you used, especially about relocating the hydraulic cylinder? I removed the one on the wet bay but it seems too long to move to the rearward portion of the door. Did you get a smaller replacement? Also, the ball receiver on the door does not seem to unscrew - I suspect that there is a nut on the inside of the door that can't be easily accessed. How did you mount the ball on the other side of the door. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-11-2023, 04:20 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

BagoDriver, I don't believe the ball on the lift supports will unscrew from the flange they are mounted on, But rather remove the flange from the door. You can order the lift supports on https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1. Mounting the ball flange is easy, getting distances correct so the door close and latch takes some checking.

Latches, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Heavier mounting to the lift supports https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-11-2023, 05:12 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Sparky - still open to other ideas. What weight rating did you use for the lift supports? The ones on our 24D seem a bit on the strong side.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:43 AM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Sparky - Thanks for the details on the struts and latches. Forgive me for being a little dense but I still don't understand how to mount the new ball on to the door. Did you bolt on a new stud to the door or attach a mounting bracket with with the stud attached?
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2023, 10:38 AM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

Ladder Mount

Congrats on a clean install!
I am going to do the exact same on mine. Would you mind sharing what clamps you used? I have looked at several, none seem as clean as what you appeared to use.
With thanks,
Dan
dpw8163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 07:42 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

For the wet bay door it was necessary to use a shorter gas strut. The original strut was in the way of the new hose storage tube. For the mounting on the rear of the wet bay door I used https://www.amazon.com/OTUAYAUTO-Gas...%2C100&sr=1-24

DPW8163 if you are asking me about clamps I'm not sure I understand your question. Feel free to DM me and I'll do my best to help you.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:07 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

I have 2018 J and I used the underside rear in front of stabilizers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1317.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	186067  

Tags
storage, view