Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2023, 04:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Removing interior cabinet boards & reinstalling.

I have two winter projects that require removing and reinstalling interior cabinet walls in my 2015 Itasca Cambria. One project is insulate behind the front overhead cabinets and the other is to install a solar charge controller right on the panel to left of the kitchen counter as you enter the coach. There are shelves in the small cabinet just behind the panel where all the switches andelectric outlet are currently.

Thing is, I do not see any screws or nails in this cabinetry affixing it to the framing. Some pieces are solid wood, while others appear to be laminated paneling so I am uncertain about going in with a small crow bar and start wrecking things. So how should these panels be removed?

I understand that much of constructing RVs is done with staples. What is best to use when reinstalling these panels, since many of these spots I will be working are fairly tight quarters?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64eb6ecfa17a343778687c41.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	188146   Click image for larger version

Name:	64eb6fd94d66903dfe4bdca5.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	188147  

Old 12-28-2023, 07:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Every case may be different, so there isn't one specific way to tell you what will be needed but there are some points to consider. Think of quick and cheap ways if you had an item to cover. You don't often find adhesives used in Rv but staples are common.
So where would staples be to hold the panel to the frame and still be out of sight?
Under the trim is a good place to start looking!
If it's a single layer so that you have access to inside, you may not need to remove the panel but if you do, try pressing along the edges from inside to find where it bows out and where there is something holding it?
One thing to keep in mind is that this is fragile stuff, so prying from the inside where it is hidden can be a good idea!
For going back, I have a manual, heavy duty stapler that can shoot different lengths of staples and it works fine on this grade of material. I like the manual better than air as I get more consistent drive with less chance of shooting fully through the thin ply.
NOT an expensive commercial grade stapler, but just an Arrow brand from the big box stores is good enough. Sometimes I slip and don't hold it fully down to drive them flush, so I use a small tap hammer to finish if it is left sticking up.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 03:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Good info Richard, thanks.

Tags
install