Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Under Trailer Protective Boards

Hi. I happen to look under my new 2021 Minnie Winnie and noticed wires hanging. When I looked more closely, it seems the plywood type of boards used to cover the entire under body of the trailer, one of them had bowed and wires had fallen out. I was able to push the wires back up inside, but it seems one of the railings that this board lays on came off and needs to be replaced.

I have tried calling my local Winnebago dealer, but they won't return my calls for an appointment (Probably because I did not purchase it there). So now I have to figure out how I'm going to secure this.

Any advice?

Thanks!
1wagonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Unfortunately, the build quality on Winnebago towables is typical of the value priced towables segment of the market, lower cost materials are being used so they can sell at the price point the dealers want and that the customers want.

I'd just make a new railing from Kilz primed pine and use construction adhesive to secure it in place, after getting the surface it needs to stick to dirt free, scraping off anything that is not going to allow the new piece to bond well.

Yes, it's a pain to make your own repairs but consider your time, fuel cost, etc. to take it to a Winnebago dealer, leave it or wait for it. Document your time and materials cost and the dealers who refused to schedule you for service. Only way it's going to be better is if customers call Winnebago and complain about the current situation. They "may" reimburse you for your cost if you ask and contact Winnebago customer service in a civil way.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote