Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-01-2024, 05:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

More View/Navion Questions

I have a couple more questions for View/Navion owners. Most of the newer (2021+) Tiffin, Jayco and Isata MH's pretty close in design to the Winnebago all seem to have incorporated wireless capabilities with multiplex systems. I have yet to see one mentioned in the Winnebago and I'm just trying to verify from owners. I'm also wondering if the interior coach lights have to ability to be dimmed, as do others, by the wall switches in the absence of a wireless system?
Again, TIA.
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 07:35 AM   #2
'21 View 24J

Hi - Our '21 View does not have multiplex, wireless capability. Our coach lights have two levels of brightness, high and low intensity.

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 08:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Don View Post
Hi - Our '21 View does not have multiplex, wireless capability. Our coach lights have two levels of brightness, high and low intensity.

Cheers,
Thanks Don! I like that there's at least a low option.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbend View Post
Thanks Don! I like that there's at least a low option.
Though there are two options, the low (at least on ours) doesn't seem much lower than the high. When we want less lighting, we use the ambient lights.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichaud View Post
Though there are two options, the low (at least on ours) doesn't seem much lower than the high. When we want less lighting, we use the ambient lights.
LED's can be complicated, and I know that dimming them often requires special lights and switches. I was impressed by the touch screen dimmable coach lights in a different manufacturer's similar MH to the View/Navion. There are threads over in the Forest River group detailing owners swapping switches that make dimming possible.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Riverbend - curious as to your final decision....did you get a 24D? If so, would love to hear about your experience thus far as we are considering the same coach. If you didnt - why not, and what did you decide to go with?
Oz-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 01:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Howdy Oz-man. I did end up buying a used 2023 View with 2015 miles on it at the time of purchase at the end of January. Drove it home, absolutely loved the ride with upgraded Helwig sway bar and Sumos front and rear. Pulled the essentially ruined coach batteries and ordered a 300Ah Epoch LiFePo battery that finally arrived today! So it's been sitting idle since I got home, but I have been busy with some interior mods. I replaced all the knobs, fitted a bidet seat, swapped the Zamp PWM controller for a Victron 100/30 MPPT controller and readied the battery box for the new battery. It's charging now and I can't wait to get it installed. I also have another 100w solar panel to put up top on a nice warm day. Still a little cold here in Michigan to dewinterize but we're anxious to get some trial runs in. I think we're going to really like the D floorplan.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Awesome! Please let us know how you progress so I can live vicariously thru you until we pull the string this summer.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:33 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-Man View Post
Awesome! Please let us know how you progress so I can live vicariously thru you until we pull the string this summer.
Will do, and feel free to ask away during your search. I think you're heading into a buyers market soon, if not already.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

So many people stress the low cargo carrying capacity that I have to believe it is a thing. At the same time, over in the FB forum I came across several folks that full time in theirs, which is what we will do for a few years.

So interested in hearing if you have any challenges there.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:44 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

The View has approximately 300lbs more capacity than our previous Isata, and it's my understanding that in the View family, the D is the lowest at +-1,200 lbs. If you add a small tow vehicle, as most full timers do, I think the added capacity is what makes it possible. Full timing in a class C would take some serious planning!
Old 03-25-2024, 03:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Agree on planning. I lived in a 20' Jayco ultralite for a year, have had truck campers, small Class C's, a 38 foot 5th Wheel and a Diesel pusher. Did find I held onto stuff I didnt even know I had until I got rid of it.

We went into a 24D and really liked the interior storage and space. Bathroom tight, bathroom counter space non-existent, and exterior storage very limited.

Having said that - I took out all the clothes I would take with me to last 2 weeks without doing laundry, and it came up to 27 pounds - and that included one suit in case of a funeral or special occasion. We eat a lot on paper plates/plastic silverware, and our "regular" plates are very lightweight.

Also in consideration is a Vista, probably the 29V. 4x the storage outside and inside, but only about 1600 pounds carrying capacity, which the gap really lessens if you travel with a full tank of water as we would want to boondock at times.

This will be the last coach for me, so have to do it right. I also say I am liking the increased fuel mileage of the Navion, along with the ability to get into tighter places.

Tags
view