Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2023, 07:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Minnie Winnie vs Outlook vs Spirit vs ...

We presently have a bumper pull Winnie Minnie 2500FL (I know, odd naming and confusing) and are considering a Class C.

I am not able to discern a difference between the Minnie Winnie, Outlook and Spirit model lines. The models we are looking at (26T, 26M) seem to have the same floorplan, but from what I've seen on dealer sites there isn't the detail I'm looking for, and the Winnebago brochures I've found haven't been that enlightening either.

I know Outlook has been discontinued, but they are out there used (a reasonably low mileage one, ~3500, is not far from where we live), but there's also a new Spirit and Minnie Winnie not too far, either.

Can anyone educate me so I will be a better consumer?

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2023, 08:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
We presently have a bumper pull Winnie Minnie 2500FL (I know, odd naming and confusing) and are considering a Class C.
I’m sure you know this already but even though there is a Class C model named Minnie Winnie there is no travel trailer model named Winnie Minnie. It’s a Winnebago Minnie and you are correct, calling it a Winnie Minnie would be very confusing. Luckily they didn’t do that… you did.

I hope Winnebago wises up and stops all the Minnie and Winnie names sometime in the future. Perhaps that’s where the Outlook and Spirit are coming from?
Old 04-22-2023, 09:27 AM   #3
Site Team

Hi SummitPond,
With regard to the Class C, I own a Minnie Winnie, but I ordered a Spirit. The only difference between those two is the name itself. Absolutely everything else is identical. In the end, I believe for the short 22M model, I like the Minnie Winnie name better.
The Outlook is a lesser-expensive Class C that as you correctly said Winnebago no longer offers.
If you were to check-out the brochures for the Minnie Winnie / Spirit versus the Outlook, you can see some of those differences, such as the fiberglass cap over the nose which really helps prevent leaks in that area.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 04-22-2023, 10:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi SummitPond,
With regard to the Class C, I own a Minnie Winnie, but I ordered a Spirit. The only difference between those two is the name itself. Absolutely everything else is identical. In the end, I believe for the short 22M model, I like the Minnie Winnie name better.
The Outlook is a lesser-expensive Class C that as you correctly said Winnebago no longer offers.
If you were to check-out the brochures for the Minnie Winnie / Spirit versus the Outlook, you can see some of those differences, such as the fiberglass cap over the nose which really helps prevent leaks in that area.
Thanks, Eagle5
Thank you for those links. You are obviously much better and finding things than I am! I will check those brochures out.

One thing I've noticed is that the old style NH3 cycle fridge has vents on the outside whereas the 12V ones don't, but that still doesn't indicate the fridge size in cubic feet - which seems to be lacking in their promotional material. I also can't tell if the water heater is just DSI LP or if it also has 120V elements to use in lieu of or concurrent with the LP. But all of this can be found out when the actual unit is viewed. We're just trying to do our homework before going to the dealerships.

You are correct in that the Minnie Winnie and Spirit do seem to be identical (other than in name and interior color scheme). That seems strange to me, but then again, I never was in marketing!
Old 04-22-2023, 02:33 PM   #5
RVCalypso

What Eagle5 Said

The Minnie Winnie and Spirt are the exact same motorhome. The difference is upholstery and cabinet color options. The Outlook is bare bones no frills motorhome.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 09:50 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurroz View Post
The Minnie Winnie and Spirt are the exact same motorhome. The difference is upholstery and cabinet color options. The Outlook is bare bones no frills motorhome.
Many RV manufacturers do this kind of thing. Forest River has the Forester line of Class Cs and a slightly less spec and less cost Sunseeker line. Both identical except for trim and fabrics and standard equipment.