Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Spirit or Minnie Winnie 31G Owners

We just got 2017 Spirit 31G, anyone else own th III s model, or Minnie Winnie 31G. I would like to discuss your experiences so far.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We've had it for over a year. Love it!

Did have a slide motor go out but it was replaced under warranty. It seems the slide binds a little as it extends that might have caused the motor to go out, but that's my non-scientific explanation.
tmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Glad you like it.
Our slide has worked so far.
Factory told us to level, then turn engine on , slide out slide, and at the end of travel keep holding button in for 5 seconds and it helps reduce motor /slide alignment issues.you hold the slide button 5 seconds when slide goes out and in.

Enjoy.
Old 12-25-2019, 05:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We have 2017 and like it.
We want to hook dish tailgater pro into two of the four TVs, how did you run cables inside and how did you wire?
Goodnewsj316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

2019 Minnie Winnie 31G here pulling a Jeep Wrangler two door. After two summers of use it has worked out well for my wife and I. We liked the floor plan for the walk around bed and bathroom lay out. The bunks are used for storage for us. We replaced the jack knife bed with Rec Pro theater seat recliners and love it. We ordered the Tailgate Package for the outside TV but in hindsight would not do it again. We have not used the TV much and removed the outside refrigerator for more storage. The slide does concern me but has worked well. I have done some research on motor replacement and manually pushing slide in if a motors fails. It involves removing trim and seals to access motor. I did replace the stock sway bars with Hellwigs. It smoothed some of the rocking of the body and settled down some of the wandering. I had the alignment checked and it was good, the high end of caster range per posts on line. My weight is within 6 or 8 hundred pounds of GVWR so I run 75# on the front tires and 80# in the back per the door placard. The air bags I keep between 50 and 80 lbs. I am still playing with this. The ride is satisfactory to me if I keep it under 65 pulling the Jeep. I drive light duty trucks for a living so I am used to push and pull of traffic and wind.
We are getting closer to retirement and figure a month or so trips are doable with our set up. I hope this helps, I am also interested in other peoples experiences.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
4gone

2018 31G here. I would say that my experience is very similar to Mott461. I also did the Hellwig sway bars front and rear with good results. Run the air bags around 70psi. I tow a Suzuki Grand Vitara. I also removed the outdoor fridge for more storage. I do like the cabinet, though. I added a fantastic fan above the master bedroom. The only issue we have had is water leaking around the shower surround. I have removed and re-sealed it. It is me, my wife a 16 year old daughter and 13 year old son. The boy has the grace of a 3 legged rhinoceros, but that's another story.

I would love to see a photo of the sofa replacement. I would love to do that.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hey 4gone our shower surround leaks also. I had the dealer look at it under warranty and he resealed it. It helped but it still will leak at times. Mine leaks out from under the surround along the wall going into the kitchen.

Here is a link to my post on sofa change out:
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ed-353469.html

Check out this video by RV with Tito I just watched it today. He put his recliners where are dinette is and built a table on other side for TV and eating. I thought it would open the walk way up more.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #8
RVCalypso

Some people suggest opening a door or window during slide operation to help with air pressure (displacement.) We had 4 slides on our 5th wheel and a super slide on our Gulfstream. I know we operated the slides with the unit closed up at some point. There where times when the slides struggled to operate smoothly. I was unaware of the recommendation of opening a door at the time. As we have gotten older we have downsized the SB and downsized the RV. No slides works well for us as we do not tow so running to the store is no big deal.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

My 31G experience so far

We have a 2019 31G. Love the layout. We also had shower leak. Dealer fixed by re-sealing. So far no further issues. We have had a lot of issues with the tv's. Initially we had cable and dvd. No HD antenna signal. I installed a splitter to bypass the booster and used my SAT dish. Worked fine. Left with the dealer to get the HD antenna fixed. Got it back in time for a trip. Antenna worked but nothing else did. No cable, no dvd (hdmi) signal except on bunk tv. I am beyond frustrated. Tried to replace the hdmi booster. No help. There are only 2 hdmi out lines. Where does the split between the main tv and the bedroom tv happen?
Pdwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

The only HDMI split I know of is in the right side of cabinet above couch. Mine was a dual splitter with one leg going to the bedroom and the other going to main TV. The input leg came from the DVD player.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

There are three inside tv's. One of the hdmi cables coming out of the splitter is a larger cable. I assume that one splits again between the main and the bedroom. The smaller one definitely goes to the bunk tv. I unplugged to check that. There is a triangular panel inside the closet next to the cabinet with the bedroom tv. I might remove it and check.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:14 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2017/000208876.pdf
Old 04-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Hdmi and coax shows splitters for three inside tvs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB8327CC-0D41-4527-A4F6-4D5A05191931.png
Views:	150
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	173380  
Old 04-28-2020, 09:27 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Dvd inputs to one 1-2 splitter it feeds bunk tv and second output feeds second spitter that feeds kitchen tv and bedroom

Outside on separate dvd, player and wiring.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:51 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Where is the splitter that feeds the bedroom and kitchen tv? I assume if the signal is good coming out of the splitter in the dvd panel and those two tv's are the ones not getting a signal it must be the other splitter that is bad. just have to find it.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:25 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwilkins View Post
Where is the splitter that feeds the bedroom and kitchen tv? I assume if the signal is good coming out of the splitter in the dvd panel and those two tv's are the ones not getting a signal it must be the other splitter that is bad. just have to find it.

Above couch, in overhead cabinet in the right side are the coax and one hdmi splitter, this splitter feeds a splitter located above the entrance door, I think in a removable panel where that cargo netting magazine holder area is above door. I have not access this area , but most of WB access panels are stapled or screwed in. The drawings for hdmi wiring has a note that one of the splitters is located above the entrance door, but I havent tried to look for it, since our tvs are working.

I just got a dish/wing with wally and wanted it to work with all tv network inside. I added a manual hdmi switch unit two inputs( i connected dvd and dish to input and the output I connected to the network in right side of overhead cabinet area above couch. I have tested and it works. I have to select between DVD and Dish and then Hdmi 1 for kitchen and Hdmi 2 for bedroom.

hope you find, it may be a hdmi wire that vibrated lose, hope its a simple fix.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:18 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Pulled the panel above the door. No splitter there.
Read the wiring diagram enlarged. The second splitter is basically under the water heater. Access panel in storage under dinette. All are plugged in. ??
Old 04-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Call WB
1 (800) 537-1885

I am interested in what you find.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

I was disinfecting my water system today and when I was under the sink to undo water heater bypass I thought of this thread and decided to look around for the elusive second splitter. I pulled out the bottom drawer under sink and looked through the crack at the top. I could see a red light similar to the red light on other splitter in the compartment under hot water tank. I didn't go any farther at this point but it looks to be there.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts461 View Post
I was disinfecting my water system today and when I was under the sink to undo water heater bypass I thought of this thread and decided to look around for the elusive second splitter. I pulled out the bottom drawer under sink and looked through the crack at the top. I could see a red light similar to the red light on other splitter in the compartment under hot water tank. I didn't go any farther at this point but it looks to be there.
Thanks, I will look next time I’m at rv.

That spitter goes to bedroom and main in kitchen, the splitter on dwg to bedroom says it’s over entrance door, guess they changed in assembly.

I do see a control module for HWH attached to HWH.

Thanks, hope it’s something you can easily fix.