Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2022, 04:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Lithionics Battery Monitor App Problems

Lichtsinn installed two Lithionics Group 31 125Ah batteries in our 2021 24D in July 2020.

Recently, we've started to have problems getting the app to connect to the batteries.

After rebooting my phone, the app will see both batteries.

When I look at the first battery and then go back to the "Discover" screen, that battery is no longer listed.

If I look at the second battery and then go back to the "Discover" screen, then no batteries are listed.

If we bring up the app on another device, no batteries are listed.

If I reboot my phone or toggle Bluetooth off and then back on - the batteries are visible again - and the process repeats.

Force stopping the app doesn't fix the problem.

It's like there's an incompatibility between the app and the latest Android Bluetooth software. When the app should be disconnecting from the battery, it appears the connection stays there - even if the app closes or is stopped. And that connection stays until BT is turned off, the phone is rebooted, or the phone leaves the area.

Is anyone else seeing this?
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:56 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
Lichtsinn installed two Lithionics Group 31 125Ah batteries in our 2021 24D in July 2020.

Recently, we've started to have problems getting the app to connect to the batteries.

When I look at the first battery and then go back to the "Discover" screen, that battery is no longer listed.

If I look at the second battery and then go back to the "Discover" screen, then no batteries are listed.

If I reboot my phone or toggle Bluetooth off and then back on - the batteries are visible again - and the process repeats.

It's like there's an incompatibility between the app and the latest Android Bluetooth software. When the app should be disconnecting from the battery, it appears the connection stays there - even if the app closes or is stopped. And that connection stays until BT is turned off, the phone is rebooted, or the phone leaves the area.

No issues here. I have a Samsung S20. The only issue I have is the Bluetooth strength being weak du to the metal battery box that I need to be relatively close to the battery compartment. My Bluetooth thermostat had problems when I first got my phone and heard it was a common problem with newer phones. It magically started working one day. Not sure if these app providers do silent updates for their fix.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I suspect this may be an issue either with the newer Galaxy phones or Android 12.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post

If it was me I would try a friends phone and see what happens. The odds of both batteries having bluetooth issues is unlikely
berniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I'd call Lithionics and have them troubleshoot with me.
NavOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

After further testing, the problem is just withy my phone.

The other Samsung phone/tablet devices I tested with work correctly.

The next troubleshooting step would be to reset the network settings on my phone - but I'm not yet ready to do that (which also resets WiFi connections plus all of my saved bluetooth connections).

I've been in contact with Lithionics - so they are aware of this issue and will get back to me if they have any other customers report the same issue - so we can do more testing.

Tags
battery, ems, problems