Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Captain chairs convert to rotating chairs

I have a Class C 2000 Winnebago Winnie that I wish to modify the front captains chairs to be able to rotate to add additional seating to living room. Has anyone done this and if so, offer any advice if it's possible and how best to perform this task?
DaveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Do not know if possible but a place to start is "shop4seats" . I had to get a shorter seat base and they have a lot of that type of stuff.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
I have a Class C 2000 Winnebago Winnie that I wish to modify the front captains chairs to be able to rotate to add additional seating to living room. Has anyone done this and if so, offer any advice if it's possible and how best to perform this task?
Does your Winnie have a cab floor that is lower than the coach floor?

In our Winnebago Itasca Class C the cab floor is about 4 inches lower than the coach floor, so for me to add a swiveling passenger seat I'd also need a swivel base that had a height adjustment so that I could raise it when facing back towards the coach.

So far I've never been able to locate a swivel base with adjustable height for our E450 Class C motorhome.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have a Minnie Winnie 27Q that came with swivel seats, but the process to turn them around is so convoluted, especially for the driver seat, that its just not worth the time and effort for us. Also the floor height difference between the cab and coach floors requires your legs to be almost straight out which becomes uncomfortable after a while.
Old 12-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #5
Minnie Winnie 26A

added a swivel seat

Just added a single swivel seat to my 2018 Winnebago 26A, built on a 2017 Ford E450. Pretty easy to do, but it requires a Tork wrench size 55, which is a little oddball. Remove back two nuts, front two Tork bolts, Unplug the wires (after yanking out the wire holders) and remove the seat and the base. Then remove the seat, bolt on the new swivel base to the seat, and put the 4 bolts/nuts to the frame. Very easy. Only did passenger seat which makes more sense due to better clearance etc. Purchased the swivel at: https://www.sportsmobilestore.com/fo...vel-seat-base/
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKowal1 View Post
Just added a single swivel seat to my 2018 Winnebago 26A, built on a 2017 Ford E450. Pretty easy to do, but it requires a Tork wrench size 55, which is a little oddball. Remove back two nuts, front two Tork bolts, Unplug the wires (after yanking out the wire holders) and remove the seat and the base. Then remove the seat, bolt on the new swivel base to the seat, and put the 4 bolts/nuts to the frame. Very easy. Only did passenger seat which makes more sense due to better clearance etc. Purchased the swivel at: https://www.sportsmobilestore.com/fo...vel-seat-base/
It's too bad that base doesn't also have a height adjustment for those of us who have Ford E450 based Class C motorhomes with a coach floor 3 to 4 inches higher than the cab floor.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote