Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2023, 10:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cabinents Over Drivers Compartment 2004 Minnie Winnie

I have leaks somewhere in my overhead Drivers compartment on my 2004 Mini Winie. It has the built in cabinets instead of a sleeping area. The leak has saturated the plywood platform that the cabinets set on (otherwise would be the sleeping platform) . I need to replace that platform. Has anyone done this without removing the cabinets? Think I can remove the TV again and repair all leaks and possible shore up the overhead platform framing.
djswinnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 10:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Leaks up front in your 2004 Minnie Winnie (not Mini Winie) can be hard to pin down. Water comes in from one place and usually runs to some other place where it shows up. But it is pretty important to locate the true source of the Nile, so to speak.

On a Class C like your Minnie Winnie the clearance lights on the front are a prime source of leaks. Followed by the trim between the roof and the sides of the RV and lastly by any roof mounted items directly overhead.

You want to use a Silicone based caulks like NuFlex 311 or Hengs 311 - because all the sealants on your motorhome are silicone you can't use anything BUT silicone sealants for a lasting repair. Dicor is an RVers favorite, but it doesn't stick. It goes on nice. It levels out nice. And it looks nice. But you'd be able to pull it off easily from any silicone residue left behind by the OEM sealant.

About removing the cabinets or not, I don't know the answer to that. But usually they are just screwed into 1by framing that's easy enough to deal with. Hopefully someone with a Minnie Winnie that has been through this will answer.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, may be helpful about the clearance lights. yeah, my main question is about removing the cabinets. Will they hang (stay Up) just being connected to the ceiling? I see there are side mounting plates attached to the walls and cabinets on the side walls.
djswinnebago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver