Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2020, 12:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2017 31k rear-view camera

Does anyone happen to know which camera came from factory on a 2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31K. I had a spot on the lens that made about 1/3 of the picture fuzzy. Being a little handy, I went to fix it and long story short, all of the small lenses fell out and I cannot get it back together.

I would like to simply replace it with the same camera that came on it from the factory, but I am probably going to have to splice some wires

Any help would be appreciated.
Clotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What does the monitor say on the front of it (if it's a separate system)? Mine in my 2014 is a MobileVision. If so, I think I got mine from RVcams.com
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
What does the monitor say on the front of it (if it's a separate system)? Mine in my 2014 is a MobileVision. If so, I think I got mine from RVcams.com
Mine is wired to a pioneer in-dash headunit. The actual camera has no labeling.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I can't help you answer your question, but I can say that the stock rear camera is pretty irritating. I have two 31K units, and one of them has an aftermarket camera in place of the stock one, with it own screen. I took out the (useless) rear-view mirror and put the screen in its place. It's *so* much nicer. A 24/7 camera that shows out the back, in higher resolution, makes driving much more relaxing than wondering what's back there all the time. The delay time on the headunit camera was maddening as well.

I'm probably going to be replacing my stock camera on the other one with an aftermarket unit as well.
Naonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I ended up cutting the wire, getting a commercial camera with a 4 pin connector, and luckily they were all color-coded! Some careful soldering and boom all good. Agree about the crappy factory camera. New camera from crime stoppers is much better. About $70. I’m just glad I was able to wire it up.

Tags
camera