Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class B Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Those of you that have already spent time in your 08/09 32H floorplans, what is your impression of the layout and would you change anything? (32H only)
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi Alan & Patty, my wife and I have a 2008 Voyage 32H, and my wife really loves it. She calls it the perfect motor home. Thank goodness for that. We really like the full slides, they make it more roomy than a typical 33 foot motor home with conventional slides. As far as changing anything, I imagine if you were going to go out in it full time or for extended periods of time you would find the storage space above that big slide to be very shallow. other than that for us, we are very happy with the 32H layout.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Ya have a 32 H sunrise. Spent 4 months in montana with my lovely wife in it and had no problems with space. it was very comfortable especially with that full slide on the driver's side. drove from south florida to montana and had no handling problems.
olly72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi Guys,I have a '09 Adventurer,32H on a Workhorse chassis.I came from a 30B Sightseer.Mr.Steve is wright about the cabinits above the dinett and the kitchen,they are only half as big as they look!But with just me and the wife,I bet we don't use half the space that we have.I got the coach in Aug and did a couple short trips looking for problems.Spent October on the road in Myrtle Beach and then to Florida and we are happy with the unit.I would buy again,maybe with some different options,but would do again!

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Alan & Patty -
We love our '08 32H Voyage. We have the u-shaped dinette, which makes the driver and passenger seats "livable" in what works out as a great lounge/dining space. We've entertained two other couples (plus us) quite comfortably inside. The TV midship makes it viewable from anywhere in the lounge/dining area. The kitchen is very workable - even for two. The small overhead cabinets don't bother us...they're the perfect hideaways for lots of things. The shower in the bath is as close to "full size" as we've seen. And, with opposing slides, the bedroom really opens up nicely. The closet is smallish, but works for us so far. The bed is a short queen, but we've added a 5" bolster that really works.

Our visitors have said it many times, and we agree: It lives much bigger than a typical 32-footer.

And, it drives like a dream!

If you need more info, feel free to ask!

Natasha
Old 12-12-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all for the replys. We are most interested in the u-shaped dinnette option and if that is the best way to go. DW likes it, I don't but if the two main seats can spin 180 degrees around to watch tv, it might work.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Alan and Patty - We use both seats a lot to watch TV. (Turning the driver's seat can be tricky, our dealer didn't think it could be done. A fellow camper showed us how. It's not hard.) We bought a small, very lightweight ottoman that makes a great footstool for both of us. Very comfortable.

When we were shopping, I wanted a free-standing dinette. But, the u-shaped is quite comfy...lots of room for 2 or 4 to dine, and it's a nice space to spread out. We use it quite a bit between meals.(Haven't brought the sewing machine along yet, but that table would be a great place to work!)

Hope that helps,
Natasha
Old 12-12-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Natasha - Good point on the sewing table, DW also sews and wants to bring her machine to earn a little side money when we retire.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
A fellow camper showed us how. It's not hard.) We bought a small, very lightweight ottoman that makes a great footstool for both of us. Very comfortable.

Hope that helps,
Natasha

Hello Natasha: If you can would it be possible to explain how to turn the drivers seat? I have not figured it out yet and I assumed it could not be done. Thank you for any help.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Mr. Steve (and other 32H owners) -

Happy to help! I'll do my best to describe it from memory. Next time we hit the road I'll pay closer attention. (I might even video the process!)

1. Start with the seat as low and far forward as it will go, and the steering wheel as far up as possible. The left arm rest should be down.
2. Flip the switch to unlock the seat and rotate it clockwise until the seatback clears the seat belt and bar. When the seat has rotated 90 degrees, stop.
3. Move the seat back as far as it will go. And, flip the lever to pull the seatback as forward as possible. Keep the armrest down.
4. Rotate the seat clockwise in this position until the armrest clears the bottom of the steering wheel.
5. Keeping the seatback flipped forward, move the seat forward as far as it will go and rotate clockwise until the seatback clears the steering wheel.
6. Flip the seatback back and rotate the seat into desired lounging/TV viewing position.

That's how I remember it, anyway.

The keys are:
* moving the seat back in Step 3 (that seems very counter-intuitive)
* keeping the armrest down to clear the steering wheel
* moving the seat up for the seatback to clear the steering wheel.

For some reason, it seems to go back much more smoothly!

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Good luck!
Natasha
Old 12-15-2008, 05:33 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Natasha, I will be heading out on Wednesday and I will definatly give it a try.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
LCD
Winnebago Camper

Hi, Saw the notes. We have a Voyage 32H, purchased Feb 08. Really only used since spring. We replaced the dinette with a flexsteel sofa. That gives us more room to watch the tv,and offers leg space when the drivers seat is turned around. (took my wife to figure that one out). We use little fold up stools for eating and. Feel it is a great design.
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

For Mr. Steve and others --
When we went out last weekend I tried my previously posted driver's seat "flipping" instructions to the letter. They worked for me. I hope they'll work for others. I'm eager to hear if they do.

Natasha
Old 01-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Boris & Natasha,

I can proudly say that your instructions worked like a champ! I didn't think that the capability existed to turn the chair around, but you have shown me the light. Following your guidance I was able to turn around and enjoy our company.

Now if I could just figure out how to keep the coach on the road while doing so...
dbjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #15
iRV2 Marketing

The 32H is a very doable floorplan for us!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris and Natasha:
For Mr. Steve and others --
When we went out last weekend I tried my previously posted driver's seat "flipping" instructions to the letter. They worked for me. I hope they'll work for others. I'm eager to hear if they do.

Natasha

Boris & Natasha,I really apreciate the directions, I have printed them up and plan on using them as soon as I can. I have not had a chance yet. It sounds like from others that they will work. Unfortunatly my MH is going into the ship today for some repair, so it may be a few days until I can give it a try. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally posted by DriVer:
What a cool floorplan. Are there any issues with appliances being on the slides? Do water/propane/electrical lines take too much of a beating in that situation?
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally posted by rjf7g:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
What a cool floorplan. Are there any issues with appliances being on the slides? Do water/propane/electrical lines take too much of a beating in that situation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This floorplan is what drew my wife and I to buy now. We had been looking for about a year and this one felt the most roomy and well laid out.
There don't seem to be any issues with the appliances and lines as far as I can tell. Lots of flex in the water/electric/propane as the slide goes about 20" or so.
dbjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

What drives the full wall slide??? Elec motor, 1, 2 or 3 or hydralic ?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

My owners manuel says,"The room slideout system is made up of one drive arm consisting of an inner and outer support,which slide within one another.The load of the room is carried primarily by a front roller,or on bedslides,by a set of plastic glide blocks."
But!!!!the slideout is big,maybe 25 feet?,and it has three rails under it.I thought the two ends were powered and the center rail was a guide.It is a 12 volt electrical system.Again from the manuel,"The system is driven by a single start acme screw and driven by a two stage parallel gearbow and 12 VDC motor.A single start acme screw is used to prevent the room from moving during travel"
The screw locks on the slide,I know I have two of them,I can see them up in the cabinets,and the fasteners on the outside.So,bottom line,I think it may be powered by two motors.This Winnebago Owners manuel is made up of copies of the manuels of the different suppliers of stuff.This may be just a generic of a Kwikee manuel.
If you have concerns,call Kwikee,541-942-3888 or Winnebago,800-537-1885

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote