Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Washing/Sealing 2020 Sunstar

2020 Sunstar 27PE. i am drowning in internet product information on exterior finish care products. The owners manual says not to use products with silicone and avoid paste waxes. And for the decals to avoid petroleum distillates contained in many of the liquid polishes. I am leaning towards a sealant and these are often used with other products. What is your recommended regiment of products used to care for your RV that has automotive paint, clearcoat and decals?

Thanks,
Jerry
J2Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Site Team

Everyone has an opinion on this and guess what, most of us believe that we're doing the best thing. So, here's what I use.

First, I have no decals, just full body paint and clear coat.

I wash with Meguiars Gold car wash https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/...4-64-oz-liquid and I "wax" with Wash-Wax-All. it's not super long lasting as it's not really a wax. But it's so easy to apply that I can do it nearly every time I wash the RV.

https://washwax.com/products/wash-wa...s-car-wash-kit

Also, I bought a SimpleChuck water deionizer to wash the RV with because drying with towels was more work than washing. And now, I don't have to towel dry because there are no water spots.

https://simplechuck.com/

Tags
seal