Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
2007 Journey 36SG

Thinking of trading 07 Journey 36SG to 20 Adventurer 33C

I am thinking about a possible trade from my Journey to a shorter gas model Adventurer 33C. We don't usually go very far anymore so we were thinking of down sizing and upgrading technology from the Journey.
We looked at an Adventurer 30T but mist the opportunity. We are looking at a 33C which fits the storage compartment requirements and the dining table are major requirements, but am concerned about the slide with the sink (plumbing) moving in and out and also the extra three feet on the Ford chassis. We started with a Sunova 30 back in 03 and as I remember that was plenty of coach for that chassis.
Any opinions and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:30 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I think the '03 Sunova was on an 18K chassis and probably had a 3 speed transmission (plus overdrive). Did you have the Workhorse chassis on the '03 or the Ford chassis? The '20 33C is on a heavier rated chassis but has a 6 speed transmission that makes a big difference. I have no experience with the plumbing moving in and out. If you mainly go for short trips, I would select the floorplan that works the best.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:33 PM   #3
Site Team

We have the kitchen sink in the full wall slide and after 5- years of use it's not been a problem in any way - if that helps.

I think you'll find the 2020 Adventurer a significant step down from a 2007 Journey.

1. The ride will be significantly harsher in the gasser. That will be the first thing you notice when driving.

2. Interior-wise, the Journey is all solid wood and strongly built. The Adventurer will be vinyl clad particle board cabinets with real wood doors.

3. The A/C on the Adventurer is not fully ducted. The A/C unit and the cold air return are exposed from the ceiling. This causes a lot more noise from the A/C system compared to the Journey.

The 2020 Adventurer was a model that at one time was a Vista LX and it occupied a space between the Vista gas RV and the top of the line Adventurer motorhome. In 2017 the Adventurer was removed from the lineup and in 2019 the Vista LX was renamed the Adventurer. The motorhome was not updated or improved it was simply a name change.

Lastly, the 2020 Adventurer is likely to have either a V10 engine or the new Ford V8. Usually, the chassis in a motorhome was built the year before the motorhome was assembled on top of the chassis. 2019 and 2020 was a transition year between the two powertrains in Ford's chassis lineup. The V8 is considered better, but had some first year problems. The V10 has decades of reliable service behind it but is the old powertrain.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you too much.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

When shopping the newer post 2010 model Winnebago we have a great tool which lets us do lots of looking at how things which are mostly out of sight are built. This is an interactive parts catalog which sounds like something to skip but is actually quite handy as it lets you "look through walls" to spot things like how they get plumbing to the slides if needed and where all those little hidden gizmos might be hiding! It also gives a floorplan to cut down driving over to find things you did not want! No need to remember 60 differentplans as you can look them up as you see an ad?

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Run down to your model of interest and then you can draw up any specific group, like plumbing and it lists the parts as well as giving a drawing of location on the left. If you know the name, you can click it on the list and it shows as yellow on the drawing. Or if you spot an item on the drawing, click it there and it flips it up on the list. Handy for asking what some unknown item might be called!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:06 PM   #5
2007 Journey 36SG

How far are you from Bastrop? I have a friend who lives there, nice lady.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I’d posted an FYI a year ago about the moving sink drain on my Adventurer 37F. It’s probably the same on the 33C model and something to be aware of. It’s easy to inspect by removing a few screws on the cabinet floor.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ak-362514.html
Old 09-04-2022, 05:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have the 2018 Vista 29VE and spend winters in the Florida panhandle..The full sidebody slide creaks and groans when operated and the main bedroom closet and drawers along with the refrigerator and kitchen sink with all the connected wiring ,waste drains etc.are cleverly designed to just follow along with the movement and in the 4 years of ownership we have not experienced any problems.I found it necessary to attach an additional swaybar to the rear and the heavy duty on the front. The newer Ford V10 with updated transmission does a better job than our previous rig but there is still room for improvement..I suppose that is why the new Godzilla V8 is utilized in the new units...With the A/C you have the choice of max blast at the roof unit or by operating a slide it can be ducted throughout the unit which is really nice when taking a nap back in the bedroom...With a dropdown bed over the cab and the bonus outside kitchen we just love the 29(VE
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
How far are you from Bastrop? I have a friend who lives there, nice lady.
Not far at about 40 miles!
We used to like going there to a state park that had really nice trees but there was a massive fire that went through much of the park and left many of the really nice pines just black stubs and it is still just depressing for camping!

Things that took lots of years to grow and will never be the same in my lifetime!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, journey, vent