Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2023, 01:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Unhappy Sway bar bracket 2002 Winnebago Sightseer

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2002 Winnebago Sightseer with the workhorse chassis. It is in really fine condition but somehow the old gentleman that I bought from lost the bracket to the drivers side rear swaybar. I have searched high and low on the internet but just can't seem to find one. Not even the part number of it. Is anyone familiar with what I am talking about and if so could you give me a clue where I could find one?
dderby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 02:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome.
I moved your post out of that other thread on a different topic. When asking new questions go to the forum you want to post in and click on the Black Button that says NEW Thread. That's how you start your own thread to ask your specific question. I'll add an image down below so you can see what to look for.

The "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of a thread is only for responding to THAT SPECIFIC thread, on that specific topic.

Hope this helps:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 3.32.41 PM.png
Views:	24
Size:	710.4 KB
ID:	186614  
Old 07-09-2023, 02:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Now, to your question...

You'll quickly learn that you bought one motorhome but it's actually two different vehicles - The Ford Chassis and the Winnebago "House" that's built on top of it.

When you need parts for the "House" you get them from Winnebago parts and dealers. When you need parts for the chassis you go to Ford parts and parts shops selling Ford parts.

So you need a Ford part to fix you suspension - but you don't have to go to a Ford dealer the Ford F53 chassis under your motor home is used by zillions of trucks and motorhomes. You will need to be specific about the missing part. The sway bar is made up of the Bar, a Rod and the chassis Shackle (and bushings, too). So, what is it you need?

Also, be aware that many motorhome owners add a 2nd aftermarket sway bar to their rig. The smaller bar is the Ford sway bar and any thicker bar is an aftermarket.

Here is an image of a Ford F53 chassis rear end showing the smaller Ford bar and a bigger aftermarket bar (this one is made by BlueOx). You can see the various parts. Let us know which you need and if it's a Ford part or aftermarket part.

But really for this purpose, parts are parts. You just want one that is exactly the same as the non-missing one on the other side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	canvas.png
Views:	21
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	186615