Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 08:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide out error code

Hello gang. I am pretty sure many of you have been in this same position. I do nearly all coach maintenance on our 29VE Vista and keep it in top shape, but now ran into an issue I cannot fix only to find every shop in our area has terrible reviews! Our rig is our pride and joy and I refuse to hand it over to someone who does shoddy work. Here’s the problem- I have an error code that has come up on our full wall slide. The master controller blinks 2 green and 4 red indicating a bad harness connection. However, the slide has never malfunctioned and continues to operate normally. I have checked the wiring at the controller and everything looks fine. Have any of you had this issue? Is there a way to reset the panel?

Any help is appreciated!

Bruce
Bruce Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just had the same thing happen on our 2010 Vista slide out. The Supplemental manual explained how to clear the error and put the slide out in Manual mode where the IN and OUT buttons work separately on the front and back rails of the slide out. Once I reset it and was able to draw the slide out completely in I had no further problems. I think my issue was the I wasn't level when I extended the slide out.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for responding. We traveled with another couple recently and at the end of the trip I extended the slide without being level. Bad move on my part. I have read the power gear section in the supplemental manual and it does not discuss resetting the controller. I am going to try unplugging power from the unit itself and see what happens. In case that doesn’t work, what process did you follow to reset it? Thanks for helping!
Old 07-22-2021, 08:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

There is a button at the bottom of the back that control panel that you press and hold until the lights started flashing. Once the slide out was fully in it reset to normal. I have an IN and OUT button on my controls and I wasn't expecting them to work independently.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Great. I will check that out. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Did you ever get a resolution to 4 red plus 2 green flashes?

I have the same issue.
LetsGo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

After much research I ended up replacing the slide motors. I checked continuity on both harnesses which tested fine. The bottom line is that the system was running in manual override mode due to a faulty motor. After changing out both motors, the slide works perfect.

Tags
slide, slide out