Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-08-2023, 06:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Roadside Assistance Options

We have a Winne 27N Adventurer. Who do you use for Roadside Assistance. We have used Good Sam for years but I have heard negative stories recently about their service. We have Progressive Insurance which includes roadside assistance. Does anyone have experience with their roadside service.
ElmondTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 06:50 AM   #2
Site Team

Our motorhome came with one year free of Coach-Net roadside assistance and we’ve just kept it there. However, we’ve never used it so I have know idea if it’s any thing special.

I think all rsa companies are at the mercy of the various towing services available in the area where you breakdown.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Our motorhome came with one year free of Coach-Net roadside assistance and we’ve just kept it there. However, we’ve never used it so I have know idea if it’s any thing special.

I think all rsa companies are at the mercy of the various towing services available in the area where you breakdown.
I just let our Coach-Net expire. Maybe I should take another look at renewing.
Thanks for your reply.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Roadside Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmondTX1 View Post
We have a Winne 27N Adventurer. Who do you use for Roadside Assistance. We have used Good Sam for years but I have heard negative stories recently about their service. We have Progressive Insurance which includes roadside assistance. Does anyone have experience with their roadside service.
Well I made a mistake and unsubscribed to comments. If you commented would you please resend.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

HAve had Coach net roadside for 4 + years . Have used it once for a tow to Freightlinerer repair place . Big wreaker showed up for tow after waiting 4 hours in a parking lot . Let him do his job and because my Forza is a low coach ,was a problem if he lifted front ,rear would rub road . Took chrome tailpipe extention off and was better ,not great . As we followed him coach was bouncing and came close to rubbing rear on road . Once at Fleightliner dealer ,the front fiberglass bumber was showing stress cracking from it bouncing on tow bar that went under to axles . Driver called it in and reported damageas we took pic's . Signed for tow and he was gone . Coachnet was no help in damage claim so took it to our insurance . Tow company said damage was there before tow and after back and forth said we signed damage waver clering them ,our insurance gaveup and paid for repair . Advice it to know what roadside will pay and READ and TIME and DATE ANY paperwork that you sign . Pic's with date/time would of helped also before and after . Know that you will wait for the tow truck to show ,so get to a safe place . Also know how your coach is to be towed and make sure driver knows that and can tow properly. Talk to chassie and coach builder for that info . Will not use a tow truck ,but would prefer a flatbed . But that my not be possible where you are . Requessed one after my accident in Iowa and waited 3 hours for it to show . No overhead wires or overpasses ,so it was do able to be towed 130 miles back to Winnebago . Others drivers insurance paid that . Much better tow operator that time .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1461.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	184937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1456.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	184938  

deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have State Farm insurance. My agent has told me with their roadside service they will fix flats etc or tow to the nearest repair facility No charge, 2004 Journey 34’ diesel pusher. I question whether paying more money for another roadside service is doing any good. Hope to never find out.
Rgrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I use Saferide RV Motor Club through FMCA. We had our 2013 Journey 43' towed by a flatbed trailer from the Alabama Georga Line to Birmingham AL Frieghtliner. 99 miles. We were in the first rest area heading west on I-20. We spent the night there then the tow rig showed up early the next morning. Saferide kept us informed of the tow rigs arrival time being the next day. He apolagized for not coming the following evening, but explained he had a few beers before the call. No problem for us. We were safe & slept well in our own coach. At the dealership they could not figure out why it kept failing, long story but i will save you the details. Anyway we spent 5 nights in a hotel, Saferide reimbursed us for lodging & meals for 1 person for this trip interuption. Actually took Frieghtliner 6 weeks to figure out what was wrong, & found it by going to the very first step in the troubleshooting manual, They paid for most of the repair due to thier misdiagnosis.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:00 AM   #8
2005 Sightseer 30B

We also have State Farm and we have roadside assistance on all of our vehicles. When we had the incident with our Sightseer on our FIRST trip, State Farm got us an adequate (make SURE to stress that your coach is NOT a 'car' or they will send a light tow truck) tow and they took us to a facility that repairs commercial trucks - which is what we needed, NOT the Firestone tire and light vehicle maintenance facility. I cannot see how paying for another roadside assistance policy would do any good. They won't do the repairs at no cost, you still have to pay for the new tire (if needed) and you still have to pay for the fuel if you've run out. Exactly what do the standalone policies DO to justify the added expense? We checked out Good Sam roadside, and they offer nothing more than our State Farm policy does. So, why?
Old 01-17-2023, 06:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We were long-time AAA members - until we bought a motorhome. Our AAA club would not serve RVs, so we switched to Coach-Net. I haven't needed them for anything with the Winnebago, but I have called them several times for automotive issues, including a few tows. No complaints at all with Coach-Net.