Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ice maker water filter

We have a 2015 Sightseer 33C with a water filter under the kitchen sink. We’ve been through the manuals and can’t seem to locate the specification for which filter is needed. It appears to be a 3M and it slender. Our first $55 attempt was too wide and didn’t fit. Can anyone confirm which filter is needed? Thank you very much
Bill Forbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:55 PM   #2
Site Team

I have been told it’s this one, but I have not tried it myself yet. Though I plan to do so.

Aqua Pure C-Cyst-FF

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Aqua-Pure-.../dp/B00M2153YS
Old 06-08-2020, 02:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We used the LG lt600p water filter for our ice maker and it fit nicely.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:48 AM   #4
Site Team

By the way, I answered about the under the kitchen sink filter model but forgot to mention that I don’t think that filter has anything to do with the ice maker. On my coach it filters the kitchen sink cold water only. My ice maker has its own filter in the fridge.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all very much! I’ll confirm that the suggested part number is correct when I install it. Appreciate the help!
Old 06-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

If possible try to find a filter not made in China. China puts lead in everything except perhaps fishing weights.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Lol!
Old 06-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2015 Vista and it sounds like a very similar setup to yours, mine is a direct feed from under the sink to to ice maker. I pulled the filter last fall when winterizing and had a fun time hunting it down later. This was mine: 3M Aqua-Pure Under Sink Dedicated Faucet Replacement Water Filter Cartridge C-LC, 5618046

I found on Amazon.

Good luck!
Old 06-09-2020, 09:02 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
By the way, I answered about the under the kitchen sink filter model but forgot to mention that I don’t think that filter has anything to do with the ice maker. On my coach it filters the kitchen sink cold water only. My ice maker has its own filter in the fridge.
My guess is residential fridges have their own filter, and RV fridges use the under sink one for the ice maker. That’s what my RV fridge does. It uses this filter:
Culligan Advanced D-30A Water Filter Replacement Cartridge, 1,000 Gallon, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQNZZU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tau_-Ye4EbT6V7YDP
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

After three tries, found it is the AquaPure C-LC #561 8046. Thanks for everyone’s help!
Old 01-07-2023, 08:57 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone on this thread know if the under sink filter receptacle plug blocks water to the residential fridge ice maker? 2014 Winnie Journey with no water to the ice maker. The tap works fine and the ice maker cycles, just no water. I can't seem to figure out how to make the US-A1 3M filter fit in the alottedspace? It is slightly too long and I can't get to the mount screws with the filter in place to remount the receptacle after I take it off to put the filter on. Thanks!
drgjones01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:35 AM   #12
Site Team

I does not on my motorhome... but then it's a different model and a different year. However, the Adventurer and Journey are fairly closely aligned "inside." Certainly one is Gas and one is DP, but internally similar.

I bought the US-A1 3M filter and couldn't make it work. Even though sellers said it was the correct filter. So, I just have the plug in the filter fitting. That filter is direct connected to the cold water line that feeds the kitchen sink on my model.

Do you have a locking door on the outside of your RV behind the fridge? I do and there is a water shutoff for the ice maker there.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:25 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I does not on my motorhome... but then it's a different model and a different year. However, the Adventurer and Journey are fairly closely aligned "inside." Certainly one is Gas and one is DP, but internally similar.

I bought the US-A1 3M filter and couldn't make it work. Even though sellers said it was the correct filter. So, I just have the plug in the filter fitting. That filter is direct connected to the cold water line that feeds the kitchen sink on my model.

Do you have a locking door on the outside of your RV behind the fridge? I do and there is a water shutoff for the ice maker there.

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is a door on the outside, and yes there is a water valve for draining during winter. The water valve to the refrig is on as I have water to spigot inside fridge. With your plug in where the filter should go, you still have water to the fridge ie the filter is on the line to the fridge and water still passes with the plug in, just doesn't get filtered?
drgjones01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 12:50 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgjones01 View Post
With your plug in where the filter should go, you still have water to the fridge ie the filter is on the line to the fridge and water still passes with the plug in, just doesn't get filtered?
I have water to the fridge with the filter plug in the under sink filter attachment. But on my RV the line from the filter just goes one place and that's the cold faucet on the kitchen sink. And, yes, with the plug in place that water still flows to the kitchen faucet, just unfiltered.

The fridge has it's own filter in the upper right hand corner. I have kept that filter replaced as necessary.

Again, your Journey may be a bit different.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:24 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

The EverPure filter under-counter water filter housing has a lever on top to turn on/off incoming water.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water