Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
Barry Jensen

Angry Poor Factory Service Center Experience

Hello,
I have another bad experience with Winnebago's factory service center work in Forest City, IA.
This time it is the Luxury Air Bed for my Ellipse 42QD. The bed was replaced in the fall of 2018. During our current trip, one side of the bed started losing air at a rapid pace after setting up this past week.
Upon inspection under the bed, I found the connector to the pump cracked where it connects to the hose for that side of the bed. When the bed was replaced, whoever did the work, crossed the hoses near where they connect to the pump, bending the hoses and stressing the connection. Further, the hose that was leaking was routed over top of the slide mechanism and zip tied in a manner such that when the slide would get to the fully retracted position, the hose would get stretched, increasing the stress on the pump connection. Finally, the other hose was routed so that it would catch on the slide mechanism stressing it's pump connection and the connection that failed (because the hoses were crossed at the pump).

I was able to do a repair to the cracked connector using (a lot of) epoxy and electrical tape. It no longer leaks. I also spent a whopping one to two minutes to re-run the hoses so they are not crossed, not bent at the pump connection, and will not catch or drag on stuff as the slide is moved in or out. It took about fifty cycles of bringing the room in/out before the connection failed due to this incorrect (say, negligent) installation.

I also contacted Winnebago service center, sending photos, explaining the above and requesting either a new mattress/hose assembly or a new connector, stating I was willing to install either myself.

You can guess the response. Past their 90 day warranty period. They will not help. I asked it be moved up their chain of command. The response, "already did that, past our 90 day warranty. We will not help".

I could go on but won't except to say this isn't the first time the Service Center has made improper or incomplete repairs which by their nature or circumstances (like going into winter storage within days of picking up the coach) where the poor work was not discovered within their shop warranty period and Winnebago would not stand by their work.

Today I, and probably every WIT club member got an email saying now is a good time to come to the factory to get work done. I recommend against having anything done there unless you will be giving the repaired system a thorough and prolonged workout within the next 90 days. Else, you might end up like me.

Dissatisfied Customer,
Barry Jensen
bjensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service