Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2023, 05:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Level Best pump sounds like it is loosing power when pushing jacks down

Hello. We have a new to us 2008 32ft Winnebago Voyage Class A motorhome. When we arrived here on Sunday the levelling jacks malfunctioned.

Although the unit has AutoLevel the Manual recommends manual levelling with engine running and parking brake on.

The recommended sequence is to use a level and level side to side first then front to rear then stabilize if one of the jacks has not been activated in the levelling procedure.

In this procedure the jacks function in pairs with one going down faster than the other. When it reaches the ground and pressure builds on it the other jack in the pair goes down faster until it is on the ground then together they raise the motorhome.

This time it started out good then the pump sound slowed down until it sounded almost stopped. The jacks had only descended a short distance.

I let off the switch for about a minute and tried it again. Again is sounded normal then the pump sound diminished. The jacks had only extended a bit further.

After 3 or 4 attempts one of the pair of jacks reached the ground.

I tried all four pair combinations with the same results.

Tips from this forum I have tried are:
1. Checked battery. Chassis battery with the engine shut off is 12.7v. Coach batter is 13.5v.
2. Disconnected the dash control for a few minutes to reboot.
3. Fluid level is good.
4. Tried the remote switch in the wet bay.
5. There have never been any indications of leaks on the ground that I have noticed until this time. A small amount came out of the tank after I retracted all jacks the first time. I don't know how this is possible as the top mark on the dipstick is more than 2 inches from the top of the tank.

I look forward to hearing your experiences.
Thank you.
PrairieDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, power