Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2022, 02:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water pump sounds like it's working but no FLOW

Hello all you very smart people.... I have an issue that is somewhat perplexing. I have a 2019 Micro mini 1706FB. went to turn on the water pump at the panel switch and all seemed to be OK. Went to turn on the a fauset and NO water flow. Checked the fuse, it was good and also checked the pump, it sounded as though it was pumping. I made sure all the valves on the line coming to and leaving from the pump were in the flow direction. BUt still NO worky.... I have hooked up the city water line and it flows just fine.

OK, lets put the collective brains together and tell me what my fix is...

Dak standing by....
dakman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
didja remember to switch the fill valve FROM fill TO city water?

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Just so folks aren't confused, I believe what you actually have is a 2019 Micro Minnie 1706FB, which is a Travel Trailer rather than a Minnie Winnie which is a Class-C Motorhome.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Also check the water pump filter to make sure it is clean.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I think there are 5 valves on various lines. Is there a plumbing schematic that I can review.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

you are correct , noticed that after I posted, fixed now.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

filter is clear....
Old 06-24-2022, 06:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Can we first be sure it is at all the faucets and not just the aerator stopped up?
Maybe unscrew it to be sure it is clear if any doubt as being stored is a time when the minerals can set up more solid.

We don't get the really good info on trailers as we do for motorhomes, so a bit more looking/figuring is needed and much of that depends on what you can see of the plumbing.
Sorry that I don't know your trailer more but maybe we can lean in the right direction?

Two bigger issues that I think of will stop the pump moving water. The pump is self priming and has so build a bit of vaccum to suck water from the tank. So it works like when we are sucking on a straw and if there is a hole in the straw, we get no water!

So can you see enough plumbing at the pump and tank to see the line coming from the tank going into the end of the pump with the small filter? You can decide which is in and out as the water is filtered before the pump gets it.

Can you spot any valves or places where air would leak into that part of the lines? Maybe the little plastic filter is letting air in a crack or not screwed on tight enough?
Any valve for sucking antifreeze in and not closed right? Not sure if your trailer has that but worth a check.
Do you have the diverter valve for switching from filling the tankto using city water? Those are often a problem if left in the fill position as it causes an air leak on many RV.

The pump has a rubber diaphragm that could have failed but I think of them as getting weak and stopping more gradually as they wear.

Can you disconnect the tubing going in or out of the pump without major hassle? If so, you can feel the vacuum sucking on a finger if on the intake/filter side or blowing out if on the output side. If you feel it sucking or blowing, we have to assume the pump is doing what it should.

Maybe do a few checks and let us know how you stand then. Good luck with the search.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:17 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
simple things first...didja remember to switch the fill valve FROM fill TO city water?

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
simple things first...didja remember to switch the fill valve FROM fill TO city water?
Micro Mini 1706fb is a trailer. It has gravity fill on the opposite side of the trailer from city water connect.

The pump is a demand pump. If it’s running constantly when you turn it on, either the pump is not drawing from the fresh tank, or water is flowing to….somewhere, just not to the faucet you turned on. Look around the outside of the trailer to see if any water is pouring onto the ground. I have been guilty of not screwing in the water heater plug tightly, or not turning off the outside shower. If that’s not the case, and you’re sure you have water in the tank, take a look at the pump, usually under the kitchen sink behind a luan panel. The hoses are translucent, so you should be able to detect water flowing from the tank hose to the pump, and out to the feeder line. While under the sink, put a finger over the open end of the winterizing hose. If there is suction, you’ve found the problem. It means the valve for this hose is open or fractured, in which case the pump will just suck air, and not pump water from the tank.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:57 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
This does not apply to travel trailers. They do not have fill valves to fill the fresh tank from the city water connection.

Some 5th Wheels do, but not “bumper pull” travel trailers.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:32 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Ok, I have a 2017 1706FB.
1. Make sure that fresh water tank has some water. The fill is gravity fed and unscrew the black cap to add water to the tank. Add at least 1/3 of a tank.

2. Find the access hole under your bed where the pump and hot water heater are located. Use a flashlight to see the valves on the hot water tank (which is the white foam device you can see). Make sure the hot water bypass valves are not active. There are three valves, one on your blue (cold water), one on your red (hot water) and one more between the two that bypasses the hot water tank. The handles on the blue valve and red valve should be in line with the piping (or on). The handle on the hot water bypass valve should be perpendicular to the water piping (or off).

check for water flow. The pump is self priming and sometimes takes a little bit.

Still no flow?

Look back in the access hole under the bed and find the pump. TURN off power to the pump. Open faucets and drain. Place towels under the water pump. Unscrew the filter on the water pump. Inspect and clean as necessary. Reassemble finger tight. Turn on pump and check for leaks.

Let us know status of water delivery after these steps.

Mike

Tags
water, water pump