Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2023, 06:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Issues with our new 2023 Journey 34N

This is our second Winnebago Class A (first one was a Forza 34T)

We took delivery on June 9th, and prior to that date we did a walk through and found the following items.

1. Dining room chair was broken (ordered new one)
2. The fresh water filter in bathroom was broken (it was replaced)
3. Scuffs and couple holes in floor
4. Both rearview mirrors would not adjust from switches and the drivers mirror had large scratch in chrome (both mirrors ordered and still waiting on them)
5 Really loud rattle from slide mechanism behind drivers seat...somewhat fixed
6. The Winegard Gateway router would not work, kept blowing fuse...during PDI found that factory had wired it backwards...ground to power and power to ground...that was fixed. However we could not get it to work and after lengthy call with Winegard they informed us that they had transitioned to a new app called RV Halo...once that was downloaded it finally worked
7. The app for the control panel (Winnebago Connect) does not work with the actual panel in the coach...After a lengthy call with Winnebago tech and Firefly we still don't have resolution.. Firefly sent me an email stating that the App should have not been released that it is still in development, (even though it's on Apple's App store and you have to purchase for $3.99). So as of today there is no app that is working and Winnebago is discussing this with Firefly.
8. This coach came with the Satellite package that has the Winegard Traveler Pro and Pace HDMI 4X4 which allows you to watch satellite on all 3 TV's and for the Radio to play on each TV when in Home mode. This has yet to work at all... I believe it's connected to the App issue with the control panel since you can't get network connect to the system.

As of today the dealer is working these issues and we are taking the rig back to them for these issues to be resolved...
cgkreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 07:32 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome and congratulations! You are the first member to join that actuality owns the new Winnebago Journey. We had 4 or 5 members that ordered, traded and purchased a new Journey as much as 18 months or more ago. None of them received their motorhome. I believe all had given up believing that they would have the RV. I know at least one of them switched to a Newmar product.

Sorry to hear about your issues, I hope they get solved quickly.

Let me make a suggestion to you. Call Winnebago’s Service Center in Iowa and make a reservation for repairs at the factory for late April or early May. When they ask what problem you have make one up, like the slide isn’t closing fully or something. You can always cancel if by some miracle you get to next spring without a list of issues big and small.

The Service Center is really hard to get into once the snow melts in Iowa. So, if you reserve now you’ll be all set for warranty repairs when next year comes around.

I did this when I got my new Adventurer and it really helped me when dealers were no help and I just wanted to get things fixed right. It was 1,700 miles from our home but we had a year to plan a great trip out of the experience.

Good luck to you and we all will want to see some photos of your new Journey.
Old 06-28-2023, 08:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, we are hoping the Dealer can resolve the issues fairly quickly...if not, Iowa here I come..LOL
Old 06-28-2023, 02:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Just a warning if you do decide to return to Forest City...they got several things wrong when attempting to fix my Winnie's slide issue. Cost me hundreds $$ extra when they didn't bother to check specs on torque values, and apparently didn't know how, or didn't care to bother, to bleed air out of the hydraulic system.

Very likely won't go back there after that shoddy repair work. My rig was and still is in very good condition over all so it's not like they were working on a junker. Had a few minor issues, only took it in because the rear BR slide would creep in 4" over time. When I got it back, it would creep OUT 4" while driving. Grrr.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 03:24 PM   #5
Site Team

That's a shame Jim. They certainly aren't perfect, but I don't know who is. There are dozens... hundreds(?) of posts of praise for their work.

It would be a shame if folks read your post and thought it meant that the Factory Service Center always did poor work and this kept them from getting the repairs they needed. Because that's just not the case.

In my experience, and the experience of many others they did great work, did it quickly, professionally and cheaply when not in warranty. I wouldn't hesitate to return if I needed something major fixed.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have owned numerous RV's from popup's, airstreams, 5th wheels and motorhomes all by top manufactures and all of them had issues and each dealer had their own advantages and disadvantages....I have come to accept that they all are just hand made products that are susceptible to quality issues.. Some of which are the manufacture's issues and many are they individual suppliers who have quality issues. Hopefully we will get this issues corrected and have many smiles with the miles... Be safe out there
Old 07-03-2023, 06:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I second that the service center does great work . We had a great repair ,as well as updates while our 34T Forza was repaired after the accident . I believe that with more electronics going into these coaches ,there will always be problems with connections and few people in the dealership that know how to repair . Taking it to Iowa made be the only thing to do in the future .
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Wasn't so great in 2008. I'll make this very short. Problem with jack alarm going off riding down the road. Into Wbgo Service Ctr. Ten days later they said it was fixed. Show me. Leveled, retracted, alarm going off. Three service techs there and one service writer. One tech said, "Put it in accessory position and the alarm will not sound." Be great if I could run down the road with it in accesory mode. I asked if they checked to see if there was 1500 pounds of pressure by using the port on the pump. Service writer looked down at a tech and the tech replied, "We don't have a gauge!"

Are you kidding me! Factory Service Center and they don't have a pressure gage with a 3/8' fitting on it.

Never did get it fixed. I did do a toggle switch to shut off the alarm.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 09:28 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Never did get it fixed. I did do a toggle switch to shut off the alarm.
Wayne, that was a HWH system wasn’t it? Isn’t their main service center sort of close by to Winnebago? I think their shop is on the west side of the state. I mean who wants to drive more miles I get it, but Iowa is a lot smaller than Texas.

Seems they’d be able to fix their system once and for all.

Tags
journey