Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2024, 09:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

How to Remove Microwave 2013 Sunova 35G?

I am trying to replace the mw oven and am stuck on how to get to the bolts on top of mw what has to be removed I have 2013 Itasca Sunova 35g any help is appreciated.
dabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 06:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Looks like you are not getting much attention, so maybe just asking a few questions or making some suggestions, may get somewhere?
Sorry never done it on that setup, so guessing and let you check the idea?

I see this on the parts drawings as having an angle across the top with holes that look like it is bolted to another angle. Is it this setup? Are they bolts with nuts or what I might expect to be screwed into tapped holes in the back angle?

Maybe a Long shaft or two on a nut driver and cordless drill?

Click image for larger version

Name:	micro.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	188318

Anywhere close to the right bolts you mention?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 07:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Some retainer bolts are hidden by a trim piece above the oven on each side; others have bolts on each side angled inward and upward to screw into a metal brace above the oven, or into the wall bracket at its top.
When those bolts are removed the oven pivots down, then it must be lifted from the wall bracket.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 08:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

the trim above the mw is what I am trying to figure out how to remove. I thought that the bolts/screws were behind that panel.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

So it is the wooden trim that is the question? Sorry, I jumped further in !
For the trim, I normally have to just begin to gently pry at different points to test what and where things are held together.
Something thin like a putty knife is my tools to start feeling along some joint and watching for where it is loose or held tight.
I would normally expect to find it stapled and reasonably easy to pull off if we find where the fastener is and work carefully right at that point.
More "teasing" it off than prying?
Old 02-05-2024, 12:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Itaska 2013 Sunova 35G the outside trim comes off like that but the wood trim has what looks like allen screws recessed in the panel. that is where I stopped I did not know how they would be holding it on
Old 02-05-2024, 03:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Oh, yeah! lots of small points that I will never catch up on!
Sounds possible you are looking at some "different" type screw with a "funny head?
Could be something like a simple screw that they have power tools to speed it up or there may also be some type bolt.
That puts it over into trying something that seems to fit and assuming it should turn counter clockwise to come out!!
Probe gently and hope the first guess works?
Sorry, no real facts on hand around me!!